Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

How do a Honda Jet and Citation Mustang compare?

How do a Honda Jet and Citation Mustang compare in terms of the way they fly? The HJet is already out and I've seen some previews of the Mustang by Cockspur. I want to buy one of them. Assuming the Mustang isn't terrible (and it isn't based on the previews). How do I make a decision which one to get? I want something fun and sporty.

The Honda Jets would absolutely smoke the Cessna "Slowtation" Mustangs and Phenoms in climb and cruise.

I love the HJet, its sleek, fast and easy to operate, but I'll also be buying the Cockspur Mustang for that beautiful HSE white luxury interior.

Can't go wrong with the HJet right now, I think you'd love it.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I want both but the Hjet is amazing thanks to the developer who is fantastic, he strives to makes this the ultimate and continues to improve it, the best developer I have ever had the pleasure to meet, no ego just outstanding support and commitment to his product, always around on discord to offer help and take advice, get it you wont regret it and its available on Orbx now  

By far my Favourite plane in any sim period......

Edited by Jetman67
  • Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

23 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Thanks. I think the HJet has 4.1 stars on the marketplace. I haven't bought any planes on the marketplace yet, so I don't know how respectable that is. Do you like the quality?

Screw Marketplace buy it from Contrail or ORBX.

As for quality the physics and avionics are great, as the HJet has it's only unique ways of automation.

As far as the visuals, they aren't on Carenado texture quality level exterior is nice but interior feels kinda..meh

It flies great though and can be learned really well within a couple flight hours.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

As far as the visuals, they aren't on Carenado texture quality level exterior is nice but interior feels kinda..meh

Seriously?  I'd love to see more opinions on that! I do not agree!  Lets hear from others.  And from another perspective the Hondajet comes upon delivery with a G3000 GPS/AP suite, in conferring with Working Title, that is clearly the most enhanced G3000 in MSFS. Only waiting for WT to release its G3000 overhaul later this year, as reported. 

The Hjet is greatly rewarding.  And unlike many other developers, the Hjet developer is continuously updating the model.  That term, constantly updating, has not in my many years of flight simming, has never applied to Carenado.  Not making any other statement about Carenado.  I have greatly enjoyed quite a number of their models in FSX and now MSFS 2020. But my very good Carenado FSX experience was clearly more created by a ton of user-to-user and 3rd party developer collaboration here on Avsim than on Carenado product updates.  A good portion of that with use of RXP addons and user panel mods along with user developed performance corrections.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The HJet cockpit is really great: the leather on the glare shield is so well textured that you can practically smell it. The cabin on the other hand ... one seat is a few centimetres off to the side (pressed into cabin wall) – has been since release – and the overall modelling of the cabin seats and cabin accessories is out of proportion and look rushed.

But who cares, the appeal of the HJet is in the front and the systems modelling is very well done (and improving all the time) and it's a pleasure to fly. 

HJet: new generation.

Citation: history lesson.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:40 PM, fppilot said:

Seriously?  I'd love to see more opinions on that! I do not agree! 

Yes seriously, despite other flaws Carenado aircraft have always had some of the best interior visual quality.

While the HJet is still beautiful the interior isn't on Carenado's texture level and could use some work.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, lupedelupe said:

The HJet cockpit is really great: the leather on the glare shield is so well textured that you can practically smell it. The cabin on the other hand ... one seat is a few centimetres off to the side (pressed into cabin wall) – has been since release – and the overall modelling of the cabin seats and cabin accessories is out of proportion and look rushed.

Precisely!

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram