Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

General setup question

Hey again Nico,

I'm still dialing in my settings here and have finally nailed down my liveries.  As for the amount of traffic both parked and live - is where my question lays.  Basically, I would like EVERY airport to have a park percentage of only 2% and would also like to limit the amount of live traffic as well. 

I know you can spawn into an airport and set the % parked and that updates the file - can I just always have it be 2% ?  Every time I go into a new airport that I haven't been before the setting is 30%.

Also - If the % live seems off - do I need to delete the existing airport file and let it rebuild ?   Just seems like the static is working fine but live % is off.  

Hope this made sense - please advise.

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by Tony P

I like to know as well how to set a 'global' % of parked aircraft. I looked within the config files and could not find how to change the default percentage.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

7 hours ago, Tony P said:

Basically, I would like EVERY airport to have a park percentage of only 2% 

There is no global seting in PSXT because of the different sizes of airports, 2% of 270 parking positions is quite different from 2% of 16 parking positions....

You have to adjust the wanted parking percentage to your liking at every airport visit yourself.

For the majority of users that is not an issue because they fly to no more of 30 airports at the most I guess and it is only 3 clicks in the GUI per airport .... 

7 hours ago, Tony P said:

also like to limit the amount of live traffic as well. 

You can limit the amout of live airborne traffic with the lateral range, set it to 8 nm and you will still see landing and departing traffic when you are at an airport. 

The % live parked is constrained by the parking percentage of the airport..

May I ask why do you want such low parking percentage (2% ?). I have a 5 year old PC, 1070Ti (8Gb), 8600K, 16Gb and my fps are 30 fixed, parking percentage 30 at major airports, lateral range 40nm.

If it is for fps, you better lower the sliders in the Graphics options of your Sim. And use AI aircraft in PSXT only, no user flyable aircraft.

EDIT, if more users  would want this, The easiest thing for me to do is to define a hidden parameter (in parameters.xml, so not in the GUI) GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE=-1 that overrules the ones in the airport file is the value is >=0  and <.100

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, kiek said:

EDIT, if more users  would want this, The easiest thing for me to do is to define a hidden parameter (in parameters.xml, so not in the GUI) GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE=-1 that overrules the ones in the airport file is the value is >=0  and <.100

Count me in !  ha

2-5% is perfect for what I like to see visually and for my system to run well.  

Thanks Nico

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Count me in !  ha

Thanks Nico

Your still the only one. You need more votes 😉

I concur, at larger airports (EDDF, EDDM, KORD, KLAX etc) 35% static have quite a bit of a performance hit. Being able to lower the number of static aircraft globally, while keeping the live aircraft as high as possible, adds to an overall better experience.

Btw, I have a medium to high system, using 4k monitors, but using the Fenix, which is a bit of a performance hog. Every little bit fps saving counts 🤪

Edited by Silicus

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

8 hours ago, Silicus said:

I concur, at larger airports (EDDF, EDDM, KORD, KLAX etc) 35% static have quite a bit of a performance hit. 

Btw, I have a medium to high system, using 4k monitors, but using the Fenix, which is a bit of a performance hog. Every little bit fps saving counts 🤪

I see but i see no reason to go as low as 2%...

BTW you better move to the PMDG 737's. Great performance and PSXT aircraft at your TCAS.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, Tony P said:

Count me in !  ha

Thanks Nico

Now available in v32.1.0

"One may set the hidden parameter (directly in the parameters.xml file),  GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE    value range -1 … 100.

If >=0, this value will overrule -but not overwrite- the value in the airport file."

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:36 AM, kiek said:

Now available in v32.1.0

"One may set the hidden parameter (directly in the parameters.xml file),  GENERIC_PARKING_PERCENTAGE    value range -1 … 100.

If >=0, this value will overrule -but not overwrite- the value in the airport file."

I just installed yesterday and find this feature to be great. I actually set it to 50% initially because I want to see a lot of life at the airports. I will adjust as necessary, and may try even higher percentages.