Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Asobo may dumb down wind gusts again - stop them please!

6 hours ago, hobart escin said:

He's pushing an agenda to sell PMDG products and is paid very well to do so (he's not making these videos as a hobbyist sharing his professional insight with the community).

He is a beta tester and gives technical advice on the 737 given his profession. He doesn't get paid anything and I can attest to that as a tester myself, so please stop spreading misinformation about others. As for his YouTube channel, the money comes from video views and people watching ads, not PMDG.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you name one flight sim or add on that has never been patched?

You missed the point altogether, alas, there's little surprise in that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hobart escin said:

Oh my, you're opening a can of worms here, lol.   Didn't you know - everyone is a real type-rated pilot here on the flight simulator forums.   😉  

Hence why I've ended up putting a pic of my real license on some forums so people know that I'm not always talking bollox.

Just some of the time 😛

Edited by TrafficPilot

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Falconjet112 said:

Why can't Asobo provide us with a slider to adjust the intensity of wind gusts and other variables. Why are we at the mercy of Asobo? 🙄

Quiet you!  Do you want this thread to come crashing down in a heap of reasonable solutions and satisfactory answers!!?

WTH will I have left to read on my phone while idly passing the time away.  I might actually have to make ... small talk.. /shudder...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Quiet you!  Do you want this thread to come crashing down in a heap of reasonable solutions and satisfactory answers!!?

WTH will I have left to read on my phone while idly passing the time away.  I might actually have to make ... small talk.. /shudder...

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

4 hours ago, Falconjet112 said:

Why can't Asobo provide us with a slider to adjust the intensity of wind gusts and other variables. Why are we at the mercy of Asobo? 🙄

You might want to read thru whole thread :) ... latest on this from my perspective:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/624465-asobo-may-dumb-down-wind-gusts-again-stop-them-please/?do=findComment&comment=4848611
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/624465-asobo-may-dumb-down-wind-gusts-again-stop-them-please/?do=findComment&comment=4848669

TLDR:
- current manual weather is fully configurable but applies globally
- customization of live weather would be nice to have, but then implementation might not be trivial given its online-service-pushed-to-clients nature, especially as the number of variables grows
- won't hurt in trying to petition Asobo to provide one or two live weather customizations such as for gusts and turbulence

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you name one flight sim or add on that has never been patched?

So? makes no difference to the point the guy was making

They need to tweak this feature, because as it is now, it's not 100% realistic at all despite some alleged RL pilots claim the opposite. 

I watched this topic for a couple of days.  Then today I flew the recently modded Asobo B58 Baron from Indiana to St Louis @ 8,000 with an 11 knot tailwind.  I got bounced all over the place.  At times I thought it was stutters, but it was not.  Even the G1000 airspeed and winds aloft readouts were going crazy.  This was my first light aircraft flight at <10,000 in over two months and I found it totally unrealistic.  It has been now almost 40 years since I last piloted a Baron.  I have to say I never experienced anything like what MSFS threw me today.  In fairness I will return to Indiana in my Milviz C310 just to clarify if it was the modded G58, or post SU10 MSFS.

Not good!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

I watched this topic for a couple of days.  Then today I flew the recently modded Asobo B58 Baron from Indiana to St Louis @ 8,000 with an 11 knot tailwind.  I got bounced all over the place.  At times I thought it was stutters, but it was not.  Even the G1000 airspeed and winds aloft readouts were going crazy.  This was my first light aircraft flight at <10,000 in over two months and I found it totally unrealistic.  It has been now almost 40 years since I last piloted a Baron.  I have to say I never experienced anything like what MSFS threw me today.  In fairness I will return to Indiana in my Milviz C310 just to clarify if it was the modded G58, or post SU10 MSFS.

Not good!

Firstly, thank you for your service during WWII.   I mean, Rommel never saw your coming did he, and you were just getting started.   And Montgomery was such a cad all the time, I swear.  Anyway....

Asobo's new wind modeling is a complete trainwreck though, yes.   I just wished I were surprised by how much the latest service updates end up being far worse than the ones preceding.   Asobo are like an Octopus on roller skates:  They always end up making progress in spite of the chaos but you are never sure if it's going to be forward, sideways, or backwards.   

Edited by hobart escin
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:25 AM, Jeeeno said:

They need to tweak this feature, because as it is now, it's not 100% realistic at all despite some alleged RL pilots claim the opposite. 

Is it supposed to be 100% realistic, that's a far fetch on a desktop app and no one claimed it was perfect not even a RWP and the likes of Blackbox711 (A320) pilot who stated flaws in the new weather updates. Its better than pre SU 10 though with that on rails feeling. Do we want to go back to the FSX effect.

Edited by jbdbow1970

3 hours ago, hobart escin said:

Asobo's new wind modeling is a complete trainwreck though, yes.   

Do you use MSFS I thought you gave up and went back to (LM) a few months ago. What's your interest here?

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Its better than pre SU 10 though with that on rails feeling. 

Unfortunately it is still very much on rails. Just weirdly bent ones. Even flying thru Hurricane Ian in a Baron B58. It’s off and unrealistic. And yeah I also talk from RW experience. It needs a lot more work.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

22 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Unfortunately it is still very much on rails. Just weirdly bent ones. Even flying thru Hurricane Ian in a Baron B58. It’s off and unrealistic. And yeah I also talk from RW experience. It needs a lot more work.

How so and why would you attempt to fly a Baron in a Hurricane in the first place? As of now I only fly the MD82 a few times a week.

33 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

How so and why would you attempt to fly a Baron in a Hurricane in the first place? As of now I only fly the MD82 a few times a week.

Because I can🤣. An unhealthy curiosity, given my part of the world fortunately escapes these storms. I’m fact, since owning this sim from day one, I think it was the first time I spent in the Baron.

I was able to basically take my hands off all controls and pedals and just watch the aircraft bob about. The turbulence effect was expectedly violent but it seemed to be a push pull effect forward/aft and a bit of sideways wiggle around the vertical axis. At no time did I need any input to keep wings level. I should have been working the yoke overtime to stay upright.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor