Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

RealAir Citabria, Decathlon and Scout FSX package is out

Just a heads up to let everyone know the RealAir Citabria, Decathlon and Scout FSX package has been released.Downloading as I type this.http://www.realairsimulations.com/flash.php?page=scout07_introMichael

Thanks for heads-up Michael! Let us know how you like it. I'm a RealAir SF260 lover. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest triangle

Oh that is just not fair ... more money i *need* to spend ;-) Off to acquire right now ...Andrew

Oh gosh! I just went out for two rides with the Scout. What shall I say? It's perfect. Instruments are fluid as usual. Night lighting is excellent. And I did not notice any FPS impact (as expected for such a small plane).Some may criticize the sterile look of the cockpit, but I don't care.Alex

If I owned these planes in FS2004, but NO LONGER have FS2004 on my computer, can I still get the upgrade version for literally half the price?I do have documentation that has my buying details back then.How do I install the upgrade version without the old version on my system? Stan

I downloaded and made a couple of scenic flights this morning. The plane is the best example of real world gauge response and flight charistics available for any desktop simulator. I wish I had not purchased it. (I own the FS9 version). When I fly low and slow I want to look at scenery. FSX presents a blurry mess which has nothing to do with RealAir. Of course I can eliminate the blurries by removing the trees, ultimate terrain, high resolution textures and no clouds. Then I'm left with FS98 or earlier low and slow. This is my last purchase for FSX until ACES fixes the #### thing. Bob....

Hi Bob,I appreciate you are not blaming the Scout for your blurries. The odd thing is that after Sp1 and a few judicious tweaks in FSX.cfg I have no blurries at all, unless I do multiple and quick view switching or really push the scenery and autogen to the limits.Even more odd is that my computer is a very similar spec to yours. Have you investigated the well-publicised tweaks at Avsim and other forums, in particular the tweaks concerning Buffer Size, Fibre Frame rate and Multi Bandwidth entries in the cfg file?I also find that tweaking the Nvidia properties can make a huge difference, notably playing with AA, filtering and LOD bias.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,I don't want to hijack your thread for yet another blurries discussion. Yes I have tried the no blurries tweaks and give up. Here is your wonderful plane with no autogen, 5 meter textures and 1xhigh water. Beautiful isn't it? Your plane of course. :) Thanks again for delivering the highest quality package available. Bob...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174605.jpg

Ha Rob,Just made a .4 hr. short flight around our local lake from M20 in the "Green Machine"! Thank you very much, I'm now in a learning curve to fly these babies. Thanks again! ervIntel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, Corsair DII800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASUS 1900XT/512 Card, CoolMaster TAC-T01, Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350 Headset with Mic, Samsung 22

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

>Hi Rob,>>I don't want to hijack your thread for yet another blurries>discussion. Yes I have tried the no blurries tweaks and give>up. Here is your wonderful plane with no autogen, 5 meter>textures and 1xhigh water. Beautiful isn't it? Your plane of>course. :) Thanks again for delivering the highest quality>package available. >>Bob...>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174605.jpg>Interesting.............. I use FSX because it's SO much sharper than FS9! I much prefer FSX over FS9 because the look of three dimensions is dramatically increased as I fly across the rising foothills of the mountainous KSLC area. This all has to do with high resolution textures and shading, that's available in FSX...............if you can see them! :-hah And I can! My texture settings are way up. I use FSGenesis & Ultimate Terrain. And water settings are at 2xlow. No autogen; & usually wouldn't use it if it had no fps hit. I do not have SP-1 installededit: Athlon 3800+/2Gig/Geforce 7600GS 256MB/ 1600*1200*32 res.Sharpness of FSX, and the RealAir SF260...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174615.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174616.jpgThat good old (shown 100's of times) Hawaiian pic: :D http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174617.jpg

Just a follow up to my original post now that I've had some stick time in these fine aircraft.Once again you guys put together a great package.They look amazing,fly amazing and absolutely no hit to the frame rate.Looking forward to anything else you guys decide to do.Here's a couple pics of the new package and one each of the SF-260 and Spitfire.Michael

I'd love to have the scout but don't want the other two planes and don't want to spend that kind of money on a single plane since I would never fly the other two. They look nice though. Good work.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I think I have all those aircrafts from FS9 flying in FSX.What are the new thing that has been added to the FSX version? IS the added stuff as dramatic as the SF260?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

HI Manny,Previous aircraft for FS9 which could spin and side slip cannot now do so in FSX because of the different architecture of FDE modelling in FSX. AS for other qualities, our website has straightforward and clear descriptions on everything you need to know, plus screenshots, and reviews. Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page