Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

RealAir Citabria, Decathlon and Scout FSX package is out

Guest PhilC

Bought the package today. Very nice! You made my favorite light aircraft in FS9 even better for FSX. Thanks Rob and gang!Oh yeah... and the re-made Bear Gulch scenery is also welcome and beautiful. What fun! A great airport to hangar at until Emma for FSX is released. :)

Guest JimC1702

Does the Bear Gulch scenery co-exist with FSGenesis mesh and Ultimate Terrain?I had Emma Field in FS9 and it had some issues with the FSG mesh.Thanks,Jim

Guest PhilC

Hi Jim.I don't have the FSGenesis mesh so someone else will have to answer that. I do have UTX and it looks great with it.

OK..Got it. Very nice.MannyCan't wait for the twin engine now. :)PS: Spoke too soon. You have the Spitfire to complete as well.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>>Can't wait for the twin engine now. :)>Yes the Beechcraft Duke...I may have to get that one, because I need something in between a C182 and an A320 to practice instrument approaches with.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I'd love to have the scout but don't want the other two>planes and don't want to spend that kind of money on a single>plane since I would never fly the other two. They look nice>though. Good work.It all depends on how you look at it. The SF260 costs $ 28,- and that's one plane. The Scout package costs $29,-...! So, you could also say you only buy the Scout for 29,- (quite a normal price for one addon plane) and as a bonus you get the other for free! When you look at it this way, it's no waste of money at all! Don't know if you own the SF260 but if you do, your line of thinking would mean you would NEVER have bought it if RealAir had added one or two bonus planes in the package for the same price. Know what I mean? ;)If you don't own the SF260 and/or just don't want to spend more than 20,- or so on a plane, you can forget about my post. :(

>>I'd love to have the scout but don't want the other two>>planes and don't want to spend that kind of money on a>single>>plane since I would never fly the other two. They look nice>>though. Good work.>>It all depends on how you look at it. The SF260 costs $ 28,->and that's one plane. The Scout package costs $29,-...! So,>you could also say you only buy the Scout for 29,- (quite a>normal price for one addon plane) and as a bonus you get the>other for free! When you look at it this way, it's no waste of>money at all! >>Don't know if you own the SF260 but if you do, your line of>thinking would mean you would NEVER have bought it if RealAir>had added one or two bonus planes in the package for the same>price. Know what I mean? ;)>>If you don't own the SF260 and/or just don't want to spend>more than 20,- or so on a plane, you can forget about my post.>:(LOL I see you have gone from Saul the doubter to Paul the apostle. Keep it up and Real Air will have to add you to the payroll as a spokesperson. Glad to see you are learning so much about flying and having fun at the same time.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Funky D

These are the planes I've been waiting for since FSX was released, and all in all I'm pretty happy with the package. I received about 6 hours towards my tailwheel rating in a Citabria before I put the flying hobby on hiatus... that was about 3 years ago, but it's pretty hard to forget that beautiful plane!RealAir did a great job at capturing the ambiance of this plane in flight... This is a perfect plane to go sight seeing with, as you get half the horizon in front of you! The controls are nice and sharp, and she climbs like a rocket. As expected, the gauges are every bit as smooth and crisp as the SF260.My only disappointment is in the ground handling. The real Citabria takes a lot more work on the rudder to keep you out of the ditch (and that's probably an understatement :) ) During takeoff, rudder inputs feel a bit delayed vs. a tricycle gear a/c, so the initial response is to overcorrect and zig zag down the runway. And landings... well, they're real treat, and landing with any sideload on the gear will give you a ride for your money, to say the least. I'm guessing the shortcomings in the RealAir model are mostly due to limitations in FSX (for one, I've heard FSX can't simulate the weathervaning tendencies of tailwheel a/c). Then again, the default Piper Cub "feels" more like a tailwheel on the ground to me, if only because it takes more work on the ground than the tricycle a/c.Then again, you should be spending most of your time in the air with any aircraft :) This is a great VFR plane to cruise around in, especially using tileproxy. And you can do some loops and rolls in the Decathlon while you're at it!Paul

>Interesting.............. I use FSX because it's SO much>sharper than FS9! I much prefer FSX over FS9 because the look>of three dimensions is dramatically increased as I fly across>the rising foothills of the mountainous KSLC area. This all>has to do with high resolution textures and shading, that's>available in FSX...............if you can see them! :-hah >And I can! >>My texture settings are way up. I use FSGenesis & Ultimate>Terrain. And water settings are at 2xlow. No autogen; &>usually wouldn't use it if it had no fps hit. I do not have>SP-1 installed>>edit: Athlon 3800+/2Gig/Geforce 7600GS 256MB/ 1600*1200*32>res.>>>Sharpness of FSX, and the RealAir SF260...Larry and Rob,Larry,I have tried everything including the hiring of mystics, wizards and spinning around on one leg to solve FSX. I have always assumed you were given the "special" FSX by the ACES team (you know the one they used to show Bill Gates) that performed flawlessly on a P2. :)I noticed we have simliar video cards (mine has more memory) and you use 1600 x 1200. I use 1280 x 960 and always assumed anything higher would further degrade performance. Well go figure. The 1600 x 1200 setting eliminated the blurries with the Scout. I now have auto gen normal, 1 meter textures, 10 meter FSG mesh, Ultimate Terrain (with a few lower settings). Go figure...Rob,I posted a few more in the Screen Shot forum.All the shots have been reduced from 3 megabytes to 40kb. They are sharp and clear at full reoslution. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174713.jpg

What can I say? I am RealAir fan and to this day....after many, many years, I have yet to fly ANY plane that lives up to the beauty, dynamics, or overall joy of flying these birds.Yes...I am waiting rather impatiently for the return of their Spitfire to FSX, but for now, I'm really happy with the 260, and the triad package released yesterday. I fly them on every startup of FSX and enjoy trying the Tundra-tired Scout in Alaska.I'm having fun...I hope all of you are, too.

Hi Paul,Sadly neither FSX, nor FS9, can emulate the tail dragger tendency to be unstable on the ground in the yaw axis. However we have built in some oscillatory tendency if you handle badly in a turbulent crosswind and the scout etc will ground loop if you get in a mess with rudder and ailerons.The default Piper does "swing" more but you pay for this later with less stability once you are airborne.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

>LOL I see you have gone from Saul the doubter to Paul the>apostle. Keep it up and Real Air will have to add you to the>payroll as a spokesperson. :(

Is the RealAir website down? I have not been able to access it all day. I'd like to get the new aircaft. lol

Just checked, appears to be up & running! Good luck. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

>Just checked, appears to be up & running! Good luck. ervThanks for checking. I had to reboot and now it works again.