Sign in to follow this  
KuttyKanna

MSFS 2020 update issues

I have been using msfs 2020 since its launch. On and off have issues with sim either after sim update or load failures but that could be resolved with suggestions received from forums/ms support team. Present issue is quite different from earlier ones. I have updated msfs 2020 to sim update 10 via store as mine is store version. Thereafter only  CTD on either loading or updating happens. After performance allocation, uninstalling msfs and reinstalling and again format drive with other format tools easeus etc, I could install and start the loading screen successfully. After asobo and blackshark load screen, update screen appears. Once update is invoked, update starts receiving files and crashes to desktop immediately after update screen is operating and receiving data.

I am no expert on the MS Store version, but what you're describing sounds more like some hardware failure than a MSFS issue. Maybe your drive is failing?

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

thanks for your replies friends. If it is hardware failure, then I could not install or run any program, I presume. But I can install and other programs successfully without glitch

These are the worst type of issues maybe some corruption deep in the sim structure but If you have done a full format and reinstall would rule that out

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I had serious issues after the update as well. I had CTDs every time I started the sim (in the main menu, while loading a flight or shortly after starting a flight). Reinstalling the sim solved that problem but then I got massive screen tearing problems in VR making it impossible to fly. Just today I found the solution to these problems, thanks to a user on the official forum. I deleted the Content.xml file and the simulator.dat files and all is good again. That user also posted some other tips that might be helpful (see quote below). I‘m no expert at all and maybe these solutions have nothing to do with your issues but before reinstalling everything again it might be worth giving them a try. Please note that I only had to do the first 3 steps.

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

In the search bar type CMD and hit return
This will bring up a menu selection . Select the option “Run as Adminstrator”
A DOS window will then open.

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow
Please note that the line sfc /scannow will probably be where you will see a lot of corrupt files repaired. If this happens, please

rerun this command again until you get the message that no corrupt files have been found.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step

Please note that the line sfc /scannow will probably be where you will see a lot of corrupt files repaired. If this happens, please
rerun this command again until you get the message that no corrupt files have been found.

It may take 2 or more tries to fix everything.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Hi friends,

Thanks for your suggestions. Before, I could locate the real issue, I tried all these suggestions. Once thanks for those valuable suggestions. Finally I located the issue that stalled the downloaded and it is anti-virus firewall that blocked downloaded. On identifying this, I tried to exempt flightsimulator.exe from my antivirus software, quickheal. But I couldn't succeed. So I uninstalled the program and could download everything except essential package install. When I tried to download this essential package, after successfully downloading premium deluxe installer, other packages including those in content manager, I was informed that this will be reverting to update screen. When I invoked OK button, sim took me to loading screen and then to update screen which stays blurred without any essential package download.

After I reinstalled MSFS 2020 including all from content manager, I tried to download this essential package I was informed that this will be reverting to launch screen. When I invoked OK button, sim took me to loading screen and then to launch screen to check for updates, the essential package is not downloading and the screen stays foggy. Can anyone suggest the resolution?