Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I really miss ASXP, and....

Since contrarily to MS / ASOBO, Active Sky and similar approaches to weather injection are not only open but even more well treated by the new weather model in X-Plane 12, I would really like to see ASXP upgraded to this new version of X-Plane.

I am biased maybe, because I have been a long time member of their beta team, but I still think that the only bias comes from the excellent products HiFi has always made available for all platforms.

Really looking fwd into it !

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would like to see an updated version for XP12. Use the historical weather feature a lot when I fly tracked flights. Long range Challenger flights do not always work with todays weather.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

I would like to see an updated version for XP12. Use the historical weather feature a lot when I fly tracked flights. Long range Challenger flights do not always work with todays weather.

Indeed Ralf, and the fact that it's sources for GRIBs aren't all NOAA-based.

HiFi used other sources, and they were particularly successful in blending METAR with FORECAST data in their FSX  and P3D versions, not quite like so in ASXP because of the limitations of the previous version of X-Plane, but XP12 has made it much more "tunable" / controllable by 3pds.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I’ve also been curious about when ActiveSky will come out with an Xplane 12 version. On one hand, the weather in Xplane 12 is very well done (with improvements coming, no doubt), but ActiveSky could bring it to a whole new level.  I remember in FSX when they added particles, or some kind of tech, to see the clouds go by over the wings.

4 minutes ago, Randall said:

when ActiveSky will come out with an Xplane 12 version

SDK stuff to interact with the new weather system is under construction. No sooner than sometime after that is a minimum. Good stuffs a comin, we just have to be patient pilots.

• Like 3

AutoATC Developer

Yes, Philipp talked about some of the new details and available datarefs.

There are still aspects to be fine tuned though, but it's WIP.

This last beta 4 broke the online weather - waiting for a patch...

Main Simulation Rig:

58 minutes ago, mSparks said:

SDK stuff to interact with the new weather system is under construction. No sooner than sometime after that is a minimum. Good stuffs a comin, we just have to be patient pilots.

brillant. thanks

14ppkc-6.png