Sign in to follow this  
Echoes

Fenix A320 - ECAM F/CTL L SIDESTICK FAULT

Hi,

Is anyone getting the ECAM alert "F/CTL L SIDESTICK FAULT - CALIBRATE NULLZONES even if not using any controllers ?   I'm just using keyboard and I get this whenever I use the Fenix A320.  I've tried adjusting the null-zones as per the Fenix support page however it doesn't make any difference.  I've requested help from Fenix technical support however they haven't been of any assistance either.

Would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Had this on my last flight, but I use an old CH yoke that is dying and giving wild and sporatic inputs. All I did was calibrate my yoke and the ECAM Memo went away promptly afterwards.

Since you use a keyboard and no peripherals (that's really impressive by the way) you might try changing null zone up and then down again in the FMGS config page.

Only thing I could think of. Let us know if you find another solution while playing around.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Thanks for the prompt reply WestAir.  I've already tried changing the null zone to higher and lower values to no effect. I also connected an old Saitek game-pad, calibrated in Windows 10 and MSFS yet still get this error. Very strange and unfortunately Fenix technical support aren't being very helpful at all which is quite disappointing

I had that once. I unplugged both of my sticks and then plugged them back in again. Fixed. It hasn't come back.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

My guess is very few people are flying the Fenix with a keyboard, so I doubt if you are going to get an answer to your question here. Might try posting it on Discord. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sorry - but this doesn’t make sense.

Why buy a complex add-on aircraft and then use a keyboard to control it?

While maybe there is some kind of bug present here, like someone also suggested, there’s probably a tiny % of people using a keyboard for this aircraft. The bug or issue will likely be at the bottom of any priority list for the Fenix devs.

• Like 2

Because that's what I choose to do and I travel a lot so it's just easier. Anyway, the question wasn't why I'm using a keyboard so as much as I appreciate responses lets please keep it on the question I asked and not the fact I choose to use a keyboard.which by the way works fine for me.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Anyway, the question wasn't why I'm using a keyboard so as much as I appreciate responses lets please keep it on the question I asked and not the fact I choose to use a keyboard.which by the way works fine for me.

Well, if using the keyboard is the culprit here and the FENIX bus was not intented to be used with a keyboard only, then it is basically irrelevant if you like the discussion about it or not, it is still THE thing to be addressed...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I use a Thrustmaster 1600M sidestick controller, and I get the identical problem. I have tried all the suggested fixes but eventually the problem returns. No problem occurs with the FSLabs A320on P3Dv5 though - it's just on the Fenix A320..

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

Same happens with a Virpil WarBRD Base and the Alpha Stick.

Sometimes - but only sometimes - i move the Joystick full range during FCTL tests before takeoff, and then the message disappears.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Posted (edited)
On 9/26/2022 at 6:13 AM, Echoes said:

I appreciate responses lets please keep it on the question I asked

Hi, @Echoes , I will try to explain to you the reason for the fault message when the Fenix A320 does not detect a flight control peripheral.

In fact, there is a real failure in the A320 that will indicate if this condition exists and will be displayed in the ECAM as, F/CTL L(R) SIDESTICK FAULT   , depending on the unit that fails. This alert triggers when transducers, on pitch or roll axis, are failed on one sidestick.

Now, speaking of the Fenix A320, it occupies ProSimA320 which is a Professional Simulator Suite that has been developed, in particular, for its complexity of systems . This is mostly used for Home Cockpits and Virtual Training devices.

Edited by polosim

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 1:54 AM, Paladin2005 said:

Sometimes - but only sometimes - i move the Joystick full range during FCTL tests before takeoff, and then the message disappears.

Interesting! How does one do the FCTL tests? I imagine doing that operation with the keyboard would also work <?>.

Answered my own qustion <!!>:
https://kb.fenixsim.com/sidestick-fault

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

On 3/14/2024 at 8:27 AM, roadrabbit149 said:

I use a Thrustmaster 1600M sidestick controller, and I get the identical problem. I have tried all the suggested fixes but eventually the problem returns. No problem occurs with the FSLabs A320on P3Dv5 though - it's just on the Fenix A320..

I've had the same problem for a long time, but I have not seen it for the last 2 weeks.

I'm not saying that this is a fix, and it may be a complete coincidence, but the problem has not shown up on another Fenix flight after I installed the "2023_TFHT_2 + Firmware [System Requirement: Windows® 10 / 11]PC" package from Thrustmaster's T.16000M support page. I didn't even know this driver existed as I simply plugged in this stick and started using it last summer. The only change that I notice is that the Windows Control panel now opens up a customized Thrustmaster control panel instead of a generic joystick control panel.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440