Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

FENIX Hotfix out

OK, the old Landing is back again, at least for the flight i did to Ibiza..

But missing the contrails 🤔

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

OK, the old Landing is back again, at least for the flight i did to Ibiza..

But missing the contrails 🤔

cheers 😉

To me it seems it is a lot harder to land now than with the previous version. 😞 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

But has the veering off the runway been fixed in anyway , Iam seriously considering going back to P3D/fFSLabs  because of this , it's triggering me and makes me sad  

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I feel like the plane struggles with variable winds because it was coded when MSFS bad constant winds, especially on approaches. My Vapp jumps around a ton still. 

Iam not at pc , can you turn winds off but keep live weather ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

26 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

But has the veering off the runway been fixed in anyway , Iam seriously considering going back to P3D/fFSLabs  because of this , it's triggering me and makes me sad  

Are you talking about how aircrafts are wildly effected by winds on the ground? Ground handling in the core sim is a current issue (i.e. wheels simulated as single points, slippery & overly impacted by winds, etc) which Asobo has started to address in SU10's SDK by providing new parameters for aircraft developers to utilize. I suppose with the re-addition of gusts in SU10 live weather this could be worse at times now.

From https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-27-21-0-sim-update-10/543606
Added new parameters to [FLIGHT_TUNING] section to control the static friction at high speeds and set how sticky the wheels should behave when rolling at higher speeds. These parameters are not used yet on any aircraft

Not sure what if anything the Fenix does currently to work around and/or lessen these issues.. @Aamir are you able to speak to the above new parameters in SU10 and if the Fenix A320's FM will use these in the future?

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

17 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Iam not at pc , can you turn winds off but keep live weather ?

Live weather is live weather, winds and all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is everyone seeing - after hotfixes and wind gusts and drag fixes - that the Fenix feels quite a bit more "slippery" on a hand flown approach? By that I mean there seems to be a lot more sliding around the glideslope and effort to keep it on the path. Flare needs more care also. I need to do some more tests to see the bigger picture but I got it down last night only to end up on the grass during rollout. A lot of things going on I think but might likely be all at my end! 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

3 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

To me it seems it is a lot harder to land now than with the previous version. 😞 

Johnny, my first landing with this patch was a -754 ft/min slammer. Taxi'd what's left of it back to the gate to be torn down for spare parts, lol. My second landing bounced so high I thought about going around but decided the safest place for my Fenix bus was on the ground.

Think I also struck an engine nacelle on take-off out of JFK. So far I've been having a rough time hand flying this plane.

Super fun though.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I think I'm going to go back to V1.0.2.104 before all this trouble started. It was a lot more stable and users could land the plane. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

53 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I think I'm going to go back to V1.0.2.104 before all this trouble started. It was a lot more stable and users could land the plane. 

Sounds like the fix to the fix to the fix should be out soon.  Unless you just need to fly now, I'd wait.  From Dave at FNX: 

"honestly, there was a lot wrong with the old version, especially using it in SU10 if you can, stick with the current version and we'll have these landing issues resolved as soon as we can"

• Like 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

The landing was good here but he overshot the touchdown zone which in real life would have required a go around. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

he overshot the touchdown zone which in real life would have required a go around

:huh:
Those sets of lights either side of the runway centreline denote the touchdown zone.

in-runway-lighting-l.jpg

If anything, the fact he was sinking at 1100ft/min, was at 50' before the runway threshold and got a GPWS warning - all combined is more a reason to perform a go-around.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

Johnny, my first landing with this patch was a -754 ft/min slammer. Taxi'd what's left of it back to the gate to be torn down for spare parts, lol. My second landing bounced so high I thought about going around but decided the safest place for my Fenix bus was on the ground.

Think I also struck an engine nacelle on take-off out of JFK. So far I've been having a rough time hand flying this plane.

Super fun though.

Mine is at the mechanics in Glasgow, I’m sure the undercarriage needs thorough check after slamming with -600 ft 😂. vEZY won’t be happy. 

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q