Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loke

Wilco 777 or Level-D 767?

I'm considering getting a big jet and these seem to be the front runners (unless anyone can suggest another I should be looking at?)If I had a nice new C2D machine I'd probably go for the Level-D offering as its attention to detail seems pretty amazing. But given that my PC is a P4 3.0 with 1GB RAM and a GeForce 6800GS (512MB), would I be be better with the Wilco? Is there much difference between the two in terms of frame rate hit?Would I have to give up entirely on the big airports like Logan or San Francisco, or would they be reasonably flyable with my sliders set sufficiently low?Thanks in advance,Colin

From what I'm reading, and I am partial to the LVL-D, the Wilco777 doesn't have much of an FMC. The LVL-D Pegesus FMC is fully compliant and works just like the real thing, or so I'm told. So if you're used to a PMDG style (level) FMC and expect full functionality, there is only one correct answer.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I should have said, I've never flown any airliners other than the default ones, so wouldn't know how to use the FMC anyway without a good long read of the manual. Having said that, if I'm going to pay for an airliner sim I kind of want it to be as close to the real deal as possible.But more importantly it has to be fun, and if the frame rates are terrible I doubt it will be. (I'm not really a frame rate fiend, anything above about 15fps is fine with me.)

Guest YukonPete

Get the 767. The wilco 777 does not even come close in terms of everything! The top 2 developers for jetlines are Level-D and PMDG. You can't go wrong with there products!

Guest wildberry160659

From my experience, the Level D 767 by far. I used to run it on a similar system to what you have & got frame rates above what you are happy with.The Level D is a complex beast - that's its attraction for me - but it really is quite satisfying being able to manage all the systems smoothly.Peter

Hi Colin,The Level-D is by far one of the best add-on aircraft created for Microsoft's Flight Simulation. I will tell you this, 90%+ of my time is spent in the 767-300ER aircraft and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I would recomend another GB RAM, and then the Leel-D if you can afford it. That extra RAM does a lot for the sim.Also remember that IFR in a big jet normally means you can turn off autogen. 2D panel and autogen off works fine in FSX with the complex planes with "older" PCs.I have a AMD 3500+, 2GB RAM, and 7800GT, and Level-D works fine, at least the old fasioned 2D way. Wish I had a better machine and Track IR so I could start VC flying in he tubeliners ...Eagle

Thanks for all the comments. I guess if I get anything it'll be the Level D.That last comment about VC though reminded me that I also should have said that having become thoroughly addicted to the VC, and having recently acquired a Track IR, I'm not sure I could go back to a 2D cockpit. Is it even worth flying this plane with the VC on my machine?

Guest draky

If you have Vista I'd take care as I have never managed to get the Wilco 777 to load without crashing FSX (gauges problems). The support has been less that expected with days between replies, lates idea from the Wilco team is that I now need to get MS Visual Studio (payware as far as I can see) in order for it to work. I can't see this being a solution and have yet to find VS2005 to try it out without forking out more $$$$$'s.Steer clear of Wilco would be my advice.

If you've seen any of the movies out there of the 767 VC, it's pretty darn good. I assume you're looking to learn to fly the airliner, which means you'll have your head in the cockpit most of the time. Given that, worst case, turning off autogen and turning down or off your traffic sliders will really give you some overhead. But, given the machine you describe, I'll bet that you'll be fine even with those sliders up to at least low.I would recommend a second GB of memory as did a previous poster. But, even there, it's not "necessary". But it does help.But I've got one computer that is an AMD 2500 overclocked to a 3200 with 1 GB ram and 5400 rpm disks and a 128 MB ATI 9800 pro, so, given you've got a 512 MB Video card, I'll be you'll do ok.You might want to consider overclocking, too. Every little bit helps. Even if you just get up to 3.2, (I'm imagining you could get to 3.8 pretty easily) that's still better.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Go for the LVL-D. It is an amazing aircraft. I don't think that the wilco 777 is as realistic as the 767. I don't even think that it is a PIC. Phoenix Simulations has a 777 and they are supposed to be coming out with an FSX patch. I think that the PSS version is ok. The systems and panel are good but the external model is lacking for me. PMDG my favorite developer is coming out with the 747-400 PAX and F version. I would say scrimp save or beg to get this plane. As far as a T7 is concerned I would wait until PMDG develops a 777. ;)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest YukonPete

There you have it! Everyone said go with the Lvl-d 767! Lvl-d is also doing a 757 but they have no release details yet.

>now need to get MS Visual Studio (payware as far as I>can see) in order for it to work. I can't see this >being a solution and have yet to find VS2005 to try >it out without forking out more $$$$$'s.see this thread -(http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=121&topic_id=407007&mesg_id=407052&page=)The files that are needed are just runtime libraries (dlls) that allow some applications to run, not the VS program itself.The installer for it is here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enThe gauge dll trusting thing you're referring to is part of FSX, is absolutely normal and you're required to do that before addons will run.Ryan Maziarz http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/