Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loke

Wilco 777 or Level-D 767?

Guest aafuss

The PSS 777 is one I can wholly reccommend-works just fine in FSX for me.

>>Thanks in advance,>Colin>Thats real easy the best plane in FS history up until know is the level-d 767 nothing comes close ;-)Andr

André

Well I downloaded the Level-D product this evening. What a great plane. I just spent two hours on the tutorial, and in that time, after one or two false starts, managed to get power flowing and the FMC programmed. Goal for tomorrow is to get the engines running. Who knows, by the end of the week I might even get the thing off the ground!This is a geek's paradise. I love it... :D

How are the frame rates for the Level-D 767 compared to the default 737 and 747's?Tony

I think the FPS are as good as if not better than the default. The gauges react more smoothly and update more fluidly. The VC is a work of art and the 2-D panel is very easy in the frame rate department. Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

>How are the frame rates for the Level-D 767 compared to the>default 737 and 747's?Not sure yet, I'll do a comparison tonight. (I was just sitting at Vancouver, where I've never been in the default planes.)With autogen on panning around was very choppy (9-11fps I think), but after turning autogen off it seemed pretty smooth even with the VC. Not sure what it'll be like when I actually start moving though. :)

Hi,I designed a Checklist for the Level-D with the new 767 pilot in mind. Take a look, it can't hurt. It's right here at AVSIM. The checklist is overkill, but it will get you from cold and dark to shutdown.Filename: level_d_b767_checklist.zip

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

OK, having started up the engines, taxied and taken off, I can report that the frame rates are... terrible. Between 5 and 10 for the most part. It seemed fine before everything was powered up, which makes sense I suppose as there's far less for the simulator to worry about then.The default 747 on the other hand averaged around 15 taxiing around Vancouver.Oh well, I guess I'll have to borrow a copy of FS9 or pick up a cheap one from eBay to keep me going until I can afford a faster machine. (I prudently bought the FS9 version of the 767 and upgraded to the FSX one with the coupon.)An aside: does anyone else drive to work in the morning and gasp in amazement at how smoothly the scenery outside flows by? :-lol

Mike -- thanks for that. Your checklist looks great, I was wondering how I was going to remember all that info!

My Level-D runs fine on a 2 ghz machine. Actually runs smoother then the default FSX aircraft.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>My Level-D runs fine on a 2 ghz machine. Actually runs>smoother then the default FSX aircraft.I was all set to get stuck into the 767 in FS9, but by saying that you've condemned me to tweak purgatory until I figure out why my supposedly higher spec machine is performing so poorly... ;(I've managed to get it acceptably smooth, at the expense of all AI traffic, ground shadows and the like, but doing this makes the default aircraft smoother as well so my Level-D is still running slow compared to the rest.This makes me wonder if I've got something set up wrong. Did you do anything special when setting up your system and installing the Level-D plane?Colin

Guest Loke

LDS 767: With E6600CPU, 2GB RAM, GF8800GTS, FSX SP1. Autogen set to sparse, water 2x low, AI heavy traffic 75%, GA 40%. At ENGM (two runways, lots of buildings) I get between 18-25 fps. Airborne 20-30, always 30 in external views. 30 is my Target frame rate. It is smooth all the time using Virtual Cocpit only. Flying only in custom-made scenery for the time being, can`t tell you much about default scenery. It is also smooth flying KSFO-KSEA with UT USA. Don`t have a clue about Wilco since Fly! Forgot to mention all the settings were done before I even thought about buying the 767. Just instaled it and flew away. :+PS: Reason for two edits: Why does my link die when I edit my post?