Sign in to follow this  
Magic Man

MSFS loaded flight plan routes to North Pole

Have had this with MSFS SU10. LNM plans loaded into the sim get a leg to the North Pole added for some reason. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Magic Man said:

Please ignore. Can see I'm not the only one.

For sure you're not the only one, I've noticed the same twice today with two different flight plans. Something related to SU10 most probably.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

MSFS issue since SU10. You can replicate this by doing a plan which contains plan positions. Click somewhere on the map (not at a navaid or an airport) in MSFS and add a position to the plan. Save it as PLN. Load this PLN in MSFS. Result is that MSFS cannot digest its own plans.

I checked the coordinates in several examples saved from LNM and they are ok.🤷‍♂️

Alex

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, albar965 said:

MSFS issue since SU10. You can replicate this by doing a plan which contains plan positions. Click somewhere on the map (not at a navaid or an airport) in MSFS and add a position to the plan. Save it as PLN. Load this PLN in MSFS. Result is that MSFS cannot digest its own plans.

I checked the coordinates in several examples saved from LNM and they are ok.🤷‍♂️

Alex

Hi Alex:

Thanks. It also apparently happens to me when adding a SID, STAR or RNAV approach into a flightplan. The waypoints that appear to be "empty" in the SID, STAR or RNAV sequence makes MSFS to go to the North Pole 🥶.

Anyway, I'll re-check today and will comment over here. I discovered the issue yesterday while flying from KTEB (Teterboro Airport, NJ-USA) to 3N6 (Old Bridge Airport, NJ-USA), using SID19 (DALTO2 Departure) and RNAV24 (AMADE Approach).

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks. It also apparently happens to me when adding a SID, STAR or RNAV approach into a flightplan. The waypoints that appear to be "empty" in the SID, STAR or RNAV sequence makes MSFS to go to the North Pole 🥶.

I fixed an issue with these empty waypoints in 2.8. Should normally not happen again. Let me know if you still find these.

I reproduced the north-moving waypoin issue with a VFR flight plan not containing any procedures.

I added two examples (one from LNM and one from MSFS) in this issue here: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/922

Alex

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

I fixed an issue with these empty waypoints in 2.8

Thanks for your response. I understand LNM's v2.8 is still beta. Would you recommend me to upgrade to v2.8 from what I have installed (v2.6.19)?.

Cheers, Ed

Just now, edpatino said:

Thanks for your response. I understand LNM's v2.8 is still beta. Would you recommend me to upgrade to v2.8 from what I have installed (v2.6.19)?

You can run in parallel. See here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/INSTALLATION.html#multiple-installations

You only need to add a shortcut for 2.8 and give it a parameter to use another settings folder than "ABarthel". This way 2.8 uses its own settings and own databases.

Alex

1 minute ago, albar965 said:

You can run in parallel. See here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/INSTALLATION.html#multiple-installations

You only need to add a shortcut for 2.8 and give it a parameter to use another settings folder than "ABarthel". This way 2.8 uses its own settings and own databases.

Alex

Good, thanks!

Cheers, Ed

I had this problem too! I read on some forum that the problem was with the Navgraph integration for MSFS. I removed the Navgraph folders from the Community and I haven't had these problems anymore!

Edited by clayton1975
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, clayton1975 said:

I had this problem too! I read on some forum that the problem was with the Navgraph integration for MSFS. I removed the Navgraph folders from the Community and I haven't had these problems anymore!

It's worth a try. Thanks

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, clayton1975 said:

Just checked by myself, and the issue seems to effectively happen with the Navigraph integration with MSFS. When I disable the Navigraph database all is normal again.

The remaining issue is that the MSFS navdata is incomplete compared to Navigraph's (and to the LNM 's navdata). For instance, on my previous example, the DALTO2 departure procedure is not available in the MSFS own navdata (as it would be with many other procedures as well I suspect), so the flightplan KTEB-3N6 generated through LNM will miss that departure when loaded up in the sim (not really a problem, but it requires editing the flightplan in the MSFS world map before the flight).

Cheers, Ed

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

The remaining issue is that the MSFS navdata is incomplete compared to Navigraph's (and to the LNM 's navdata). For instance, on my previous example, the DALTO2 departure procedure is not available in the MSFS own navdata (as it would be with many other procedures as well I suspect), so the flightplan KTEB-3N6 generated through LNM will miss that departure when loaded up in the sim (not really a problem, but it requires editing the flightplan in the MSFS world map before the flight).

Keep this in mind to get the least issues with not matching procedures:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Navdata

• If you use the Navigraph update for MSFS: Update the Little Navmap database with the FMS Data Manager as well to keep the program in sync with the MSFS scenery library. Use the scenery mode Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures in the menu Scenery Library to get access to all procedures in Little Navmap. This is the default.

Also check the selection in menu Scenery Library -> Airspace Libraries. Select Navigraph and uncheck Simulator there.

• If you do not use the Navigraph update for MSFS: Use the scenery mode Do not use Navigraph Database in the menu Scenery Library to avoid issues with missing or changed navaids.

The selection in menu Scenery Library -> Airspace Libraries should have Simulator checked. Uncheck Navigraph there.

See Navigation Databases and FSX, Prepar3D and MSFS Airspaces for more background information on these settings.

See appendix Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 for information about MSFS limitations and issues.

2.8 will remind you to change this when loading or switching databases.

Alex

13 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Keep this in mind to get the least issues with not matching procedures:

Thanks for the reminder. Done!

Cheers, Ed