Sign in to follow this  
Stoopy

Foozle Aerospace releases O16!!!

(Sorry about the hype, I just promised myself I would do that if I ever learned how to make an airport with the SDK, and here's my first one) 😁

At long last, when you groovy hep-cats find yourself looking for a swank place to land and gas up when in Northern California, you now have the option of enjoying buildings and more-or-less accurate hangar layouts instead of an empty expanse of concrete and asphalt at the famous O16 Garberville Airport.   It's located, oh, about 12-15 miles or so inland of Shelter Cove as the crow flies.  Situated on the winding banks of the south fork Eel River, it provides a challenging approach amid hilly and mountainous terrain. 

I've been toying with the SKD off and on for a few weeks and things finally started clicking in the last week or so.  I'm looking forward to doing more airports and getting into Blender to make some custom objects for importing into some of my personal favorite airfields, and giving something back to the community.

Enjoy!

https://flightsim.to/file/41009/garberville-airport-o16

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Very cool! With a name like Foozle Aerospace you can't go wrong! Always tough to make that first push to learning a new program. Looks like you have arrived. Congrats!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I grabbed this today thanks!  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks so much for the replies and encouragement!

I would be very appreciative of feedback.  I have one response at the ".to" from someone who says the buildings and hangars arent showing up, although there are over 90 downloads so far.  I always have a friend or two beta test my stuff before I upload, but I didn't do so this one time around since everything looked so straightforward and I ensured that I only used stock assets that everyone should have.  Hoping Murphy won't bite me for being overconfident.  All the real work was in setting up a replacement airport, taxiway paths, aprons, exclusions, runway and taxi signs etc.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I just love Foozles and Cockspurs ya know...🤣

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2