Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Ant's Airplanes released it's Tiger Moth!

Looks gorgeous!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Ripper! Bought without a second's hesitation. Welcome back little Tiger Moth. 👍

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Looks like an interesting airplane packed with features. I'll give it a go!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Please circle back once you all have have spent some time with her... I was a HUGE fan of Nigel Richard's Avro Tutor, and miss the view betwixt gossamer wings 🙂

Ta- C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Complex engine management, hidden autopilot to kick back and relax, very well modeled cockpit! I'd say it's a keeper! I'm very impressed  

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

• Like 3

If you can't function without an FMC (whatever that is) there's nothing to see here. If, however, you want to give the seat of your pants a workout this is for you.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

No transponder no problem LOL  Busting virtual class  bravo LOL

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

• Like 2

The Jenny (USA). Coming in Anniversary Update.

The Jungmann (Europe).

And now the Tiger Moth (the UK).

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

38 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The Jenny (USA). Coming in Anniversary Update.

The Jungmann (Europe).

And now the Tiger Moth (the UK).

Yes.  And not sure if it is exactly the same era, but the Boeing Stearman is quite good as well.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I really wanted to press the button on this as I love the Tiger Moth, but after watching the video, the external sounds are disappointing. 
I have heard plenty of these at airshows, and this model doesn't make that distinctive clackety-snarl that the Gypsy Major makes when on power. 
It also seems too high pitched / too many revs.  It seems way off actually.  It was the first think I noticed.

The idle sound isn't too bad, so it's a shame, as that full power noise is part of the aircrafts character, and is quite distinctive.

What do others think?  Video below to compare.  On take-off power about 1 minute 10 seconds.

I think what we're hearing is the typewriters of news reporters covering the event....

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.