Sign in to follow this  
QuaxTheSnoopie

Beta 7B ATC frequency not correct ?

Try swapping the frequencies in P2A.  Sometimes it gets confused and displays the wrong name with the frequency.

Tower is still 120.1 and ATIS is 126.02.

Too early. It changes on the fly 🙃

First test in LOWI ground, LOWI TWR 120.10 ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v69roo217qsaqtd/Screenshot - 10_8_2022 %2C 8_42_47 AM.png?raw=0

Afterwards, a short flight from LOIJ to LOWI, on ground and takeoff frequency shown ok
shortly after take-off and turn north : LOWI 120.10 has changed from TWR to ATIS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwptutc8u1qw2oi/Screenshot - 10_8_2022 %2C 12_19_22 PM.png?raw=0

Strange: P2A's talkback for 120.10 is EDQC ATIS - about 200 miles away !

I cannot remember happen this up to Beta 6.

I just did a flight from LOIJ to LOWI using 2.6.3.2 Public Beta 8B and LOWI Twr always showed correctly as 120.10.

However, I suppose it is possible that something is causing your display to change, especially if you are leaving the Freq window open. 

I was opening and closing the Freq window on my flight, so I could see the map.  Each time I opened it, the LOWI frequencies displayed correctly.

Dave

So how does  P2A get its frequencies, asks it Prepar3D (so maybe a bug in ORBX LOWI may influence P2A) ?
Hmm...if P2A uses only its internal Navigraph database, there should be no influence of ORBX (as ORBX LOWI has some quirks).

It's reproducable: with Beta 6 the problem doesn't occur, just from Beta 7 onwards.
Oh, it's not only the display - P2A talks "ATIS" after 120.10 changes from LOWI TWR to LOWI ATIS.
Btw the initial LOWI ATIS is kept, so I have two ATIS frequencies for LOWI.

When I have a little more time, I will modify the route to see if it's specific to an area on this route.

The scenery is not involved.  P2A gets all its Frequency data from AIRAC data.

The latest beta is 8B, and that's what I was using when I couldn't reproduce the error.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC