Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goldmother

FSX freeze, please help me!!!

Guest Goldmother

Hi,I've been using FSX since it was released and I've never had any problems at all. Then MS released SP1 so I uninstalled FSX and made a new clean install and then I installed SP1 and the new VS 2005 SP1 redistributable file from fsinsider.com. Now when I fly the whole simulator freezes and crash after maybe 10-15 minutes in flight. I've tried everything with my graphics card and I've tried all sorts of tweaking in FSX.cfg file but with no luck. What is going on!? Since this happened after installing SP1 does it mean there's something wrong with the new SP1? Has anyone else had this problem!? Please help me! I've attached a picture of the message I get when the simulator freezes.Thanks,Tomas

Guest firehawk44

I would check out the threads in the CTD Forum just above this forum but it sounds like you might have a bad memory stick and you should do a memory diagnostics test to make sure that is not the problem. There are many reasons for CTD's. Whenever you get an error msg like you received, it has an option to view additional info concerning the error. You should check this to see if the crash was a result of a .dll or some other file. For instance, if it refers to a sound or video card driver, you can reinstall the offending driver to fix the problem. You might be able to see more details of this error by looking in your Event Viewer and checking the date and time of the crash. Best regards,Jim

Guest BobKK

One thing you can try, which has worked for me in the past, is to delete your fsx.cfg file. Then boot up FSX, and a new fsx.cfg file will be established. You will have to reset your preferences, i.e. display settings etc.Bob

Guest Goldmother

Thanks guys,I don't know how to do a memory diagnostics test so I'll try to delete my FSX.cfg file like Bob recommends and see if that helps. I've looked a the CTD forum but with no luck... Thanks, Bob.