Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Ugly Pilots

No I'm not talking about you 😀

ASOBO gave us a choice of a few different pilots and instructors but most (probably all) of them are ugly mutts.  Has anyone found or created a mod to replace them with more pleasant looking human beings?

A pretty young blonde passenger would be a nice addition (or a gorgeous hunk if you are a female simmer - just in case anyone thinks I'm sexist).

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

5 minutes ago, cianpars said:

No I'm not talking about you 😀

ASOBO gave us a choice of a few different pilots and instructors but most (probably all) of them are ugly mutts.  Has anyone found or created a mod to replace them with more pleasant looking human beings?

A pretty young blonde passenger would be a nice addition (or a gorgeous hunk if you are a female simmer - just in case anyone thinks I'm sexist).

Almost as soon as the sim was launched someone had a YouTube tutorial on how you can replace the pilots faces with your own using a decent selfie and manipulating it in a graphics program, but I can't find the video or tutorial now.

My Peter Griffin version would have been a killer! :biggrin:

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It would be nice if Asobo made it possible for completely new avatars to be loaded into the sim. I'd like to fly as a civilian light aircraft pilot, but at my age, I don't do baseball caps. Pilots of both gender, in appropriate garb for all eras, could be created and uploaded to Flightsim.to, and would be more suitable for some of the local legend aircraft.

• Like 5

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Actually baseball caps are practical in light aircraft, not just a style thing, particularly as you get older and more sensitive to glare. In a light aircraft, particular with a glass canopy, you often need something more than Aviators to shade your eyes from the glare but headsets severely limit what style of hat you can wear.  Baseball caps with a peak but a low profile are ideal.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paul K said:

It would be nice if Asobo made it possible for completely new avatars to be loaded into the sim. I'd like to fly as a civilian light aircraft pilot, but at my age, I don't do baseball caps. Pilots of both gender, in appropriate garb for all eras, could be created and uploaded to Flightsim.to, and would be more suitable for some of the local legend aircraft.

It'd be neat to have a WW-1 flying ace avatar, with a big scarf flying thru the air behind you.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

16 minutes ago, Mace said:

It'd be neat to have a WW-1 flying ace avatar, with a big scarf flying thru the air behind you.

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing that could be done. I wonder if this 3rd-party avatar thing is worth suggesting on the official forum ?

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

ASOBO gave us a choice of a few different pilots and instructors but most (probably all) of them are ugly mutts.

RYANAIR A320 MISSIONS PACK MSFS - Simulshop.com

Working Visible Copilots - MSFS2020 Cockpits Mod

Working Visible Copilots - MSFS2020 Cockpits Mod

Co-Pilot im Cockpit - Szenerien - VFR-Flightsimmer - Flusi.info

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Blonde pilots v1.0 - MSFS2020 Other Mod

Blonde pilots v1.0 - MSFS2020 Other Mod

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

My Peter Griffin version would have been a killer!

Especially if he said “freakin sweet!” when you grease a landing haha

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Paul K said:

There's a poll for something similar:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-give-us-personalizable-pilot-avatars/305854

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Especially if he said “freakin sweet!” when you grease a landing haha

Now I demand a Quagmire model that says "Alright!".

• Like 4

This is what real pilot's all look like ...

the-real-top-gun.jpg

Unless you fly a Saab Gripen of course ...

Swedish_female_pilots.jpg

Disclaimer - neither of the people above are really military fast jet pilots.

• Like 3

Somebody made the blow up doll from Airplane so it is possible to design them. Bleriot was made for his famous early plane by Wing42.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The blonde co-pilot looks terrible. Her hair is yellow and looks more like straw in my opinion. And the blonde pilot looks like his hair was styled by Boris Johnson.

Edited by cbcdesign
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Actually baseball caps are practical in light aircraft, not just a style thing, particularly as you get older and more sensitive to glare. In a light aircraft, particular with a glass canopy, you often need something more than Aviators to shade your eyes from the glare but headsets severely limit what style of hat you can wear.  Baseball caps with a peak but a low profile are ideal.

Watched a live stream from Manchester, UK at the weekend and was somewhat surprised to the see the captain of a Saudia Dreamliner taxi to stand wearing one. So not just the domain of GAs.

I know it should be just a gimmic but yeah, better looking (and moving) pilots and passengers are nice.
Especially for smaller aircraft where you can actually see your passengers it is nice to have those empty seats filled with cute or obnoxious passengers that behave like real passengers.

I still remember the passenger in the A2A piper cub in FSX, who (as I remember) seem to respond to how you were flying.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5