Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

World Update 11 Canada?

Hi,

Do you know if there's going to be a World Update for Canada on the 27th of September?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Do you know if there's going to be a World Update for Canada on the 27th of September?

Thank you

29th, I believe..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Yes, should be 29th..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

There's been no teaser shown yet of Canada at all, right? Nor stats of what it would include (apart form Canada)?

Hopefully we'll have the new Nvidia driver update by then so we can use DX 12 to it's full potential. Maybe Asobo could fix HDR too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Hopefully we'll have the new Nvidia driver update by then so we can use DX 12 to it's full potential. Maybe Asobo could fix HDR too.

I thought Nvidia already released an updated driver for MSFS. Are there new updates coming or are you writing about the game ready version of the already released studio driver? 
Just in case I missed something.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Looks like it was released already (driver v517.40, Sept. 20).

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Game Ready driver should be today. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

The latest studio driver should have the implemented changes for DX12 optimization in MSFS (517.40 released Sept 20th). There has been an official statement from nVidia on this. Just checked and the GRD is not out, yet. 

Canada should be sweet! I'll probably delay my next world tour and instead spend some time flying over the Canadian wilderness 😁With REX AccuSeasons in place I think it's a perfect time to explore Canada over the next weeks as the colours will be changing from week to week. Can't wait. 

Oh - if I'm extra lucky I'll be doing some of the flights in the analog King Air. Otherwise I'll probably used my trusted Caravan. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, bigifooti said:

There's been no teaser shown yet of Canada at all, right? Nor stats of what it would include (apart form Canada)?

They showed some images in last month’s dev Q&A that announced it. Trailers for WU don’t come out until the day of.

Airports coming in Canada World Update
CYBD (misspelled on the slide)
CYCG
CYDA
CYFB

screenshots of the airports and some landmarks.
https://imgur.com/a/8Be43D0

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Are there new updates coming or are you writing about the game ready version of the already released studio driver? 

I was writing about the game ready driver. I didn't want the hassle of messing around with the studio driver and then back to game ready drivers.

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

screenshots of the airports and some landmarks.

Thanks I missed seeing those screenshots the first time around.  Really looking forward to it!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Airports coming in Canada World Update
CYBD (misspelled on the slide)
CYCG
CYDA
CYFB

Not much there for fans of the big iron.  I was hoping they would hand craft a few of the larger internationals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, solwell1 said:

Not much there for fans of the big iron.  I was hoping they would hand craft a few of the larger internationals.

Too bad that they included Bella Coola since quite a few of us have purchased the Orbx version already. On the other hand, the main building seems more accurate in the Asobo version.
The question is, does the Asobo version include the bear confronting an airport worker?

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5