Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Kodiak Amphibian

Must be very close - 

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

A significant update for the wheeled version is also coming, according to the SWS Facebook page - probably to be released at the same time as the amphibian.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Just under two weeks now apparently.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

3 hours ago, Paul K said:

A significant update for the wheeled version is also coming, according to the SWS Facebook page - probably to be released at the same time as the amphibian.

Wow!  I wonder what that could be?  Apart from the standby instrument that pinches frames (I pull the breaker on it :biggrin:), I thought it was pretty solid with not much to fix.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow!  I wonder what that could be?  Apart from the standby instrument that pinches frames (I pull the breaker on it :biggrin:), I thought it was pretty solid with not much to fix.

There has been a workaround out for months with replacing the standby instrument with an Asobo standby, and no breaker pulling required. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have been looking forward to this one (for a while haha)

Not many fast amphibs out there 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

There has been a workaround out for months with replacing the standby instrument with an Asobo standby, and no breaker pulling required. 

Yes Bob, if I remember, Bert did it.  If they don't fix it in the update I will search the forum for the previous solution.  Just some lines to be edited in a config file if I remember.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

42 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes Bob, if I remember, Bert did it.  If they don't fix it in the update I will search the forum for the previous solution.  Just some lines to be edited in a config file if I remember.

Or better, unzip this little mod into your Community folder.  Slimmed down and fixed ESI gauge, with flaps indicator added, as a bonus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khb7wgiw6ez2b1l/sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels-ESI500.zip?dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Hopefully they'll start work on a Kodiak 900 next!

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Ask and thou shalt receive 😉 Below is a cut and paste from SWS' Facebook page a couple of days ago - it's nice reading:

It's been a while since we did a detailed update on the Kodiak, hasn't it? With Sim Update 10 now released, we are finally back in the fray and working on the final details for the Kodiak.
First of all, the new versions of the Kodiak, wheeled and amphibian are coming with beta range support -not the fake spoiler kind of beta range, but actual propeller drag from changing the pitch. You will be able to control your taxi speed using the power lever just like in the real aircraft seamlessly, using the simulator's default throttle bindings! Power users of SPAD.NEXT or FSUIPC who want to use beta range without toggling reverse will need to map their power levers to a new variable which will give them full range control (will be in the manual). Additionally, the Kodiak will feature a working manual override lever. While FCU and throttle failures are not modelled in the aircraft, we didn't feel well seeing the lever inoperative and figured out how to make it work.
Secondly,the Kodiak will come with support for the new, default version of the NXi that released with SU10. Currently, you have to download a special build from the Marketplace to be able to see the latest NXi in the Kodiak, but this will be a one-time release that WT did, in order to allow current aircraft to work with it. In the future, all aircraft will need their panel files modified to use the default version. The new version of the Kodiak (wheeled and Amphibian) will point to that to make sure that the aircraft is future-proof. The new version of the NXi also allows the creation of plug-ins, but it is currently undocumented. We want to use that feature in the future to initially add the long missing flap & trim indications to the MFD and maybe improve some aspects of the avionics.
Thirdly, engine stress has been reworked. Random engine failures are still present, but engine replacement now happens much sooner, so users that have almost reached the end of life of their engines will no longer have to resort to file tinkering to replace their engines. So you will still get the odd failure, but it will not be as frequent unless you hot-start the engine and severely damage it. In that case, your current flight will have a higher probability of failure, but your next one is likely to be with a fresh engine. Other changes have been also introduced to the failure system, also coping with MSFS sometimes starting the propeller at ultra-high RPM which would lead to instant failure of the engine.
Then, the flight model has seen some work. Some changes to the core flight model after SU8 would cause the plane to drop like a stone at low speeds. We have found the cause and improved pitch authority, so this has been addressed. An added bonus is that you are now able to rotate the aircraft at lower speeds. Another commonly reported problem, the aircraft's pitch sensitivity, has been adjusted. We have reduced the pitch response of the elevator relative to the yoke, which will make fine control much easier for the majority of desktop yokes that have a very short throw. The current pitch response is smoother and finer, but the aircraft still requires proper trim discipline to fly. Lastly, more rudder trim is required on take-off, which brings it closer to available reference and our manual.
The Amphibian variant is ready and matches the wheeled version in features 1:1. The plane can turn easily into the water even at slow speeds, and water take-offs have to follow proper procedure. The landing gear is fully functional with its audio cues, test mode and circuit breakers working as they should. The only thing we aren't 100% happy with is a slight bouncing that may be experienced in the 30-50kts speed range, which has to do with MSFS' water physics. We have been able to minimize it to the point where it is not a problem, and it goes away once you get on the step at 50-55kts. Barring any unforeseen problems, we anticipate release in a couple of weeks on our website and 3rd party stores, along with the update to the wheeled variant. Updates to Microsoft Store for PC and Xbox will take a bit longer as they have to be processed by the Marketplace team.
Additionally, because of the Kodiak & DHC-7 we are constantly making big leaps in our capabilities. Both aircraft have served as great test beds to learn new tricks within MSFS' coding ecosystem, leading to some very sophisticated features that will be present in the PC-12 and NG. Additionally, we are making quantum leaps with avionics development, making full use of MSFS' JavaScript/HTML capabilities. While it has taken a while, we wanted to do it right and the end result will be crisp gauges with minimal performance impact. This will have a huge impact on the PC-12 as we want the plane to perform as well as it looks -and we know you haven't seen it yet!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org