Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

NVidia Game Ready Driver with fixes for MSFS released!

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Did you empty your community folder?

I did

Just now, rutra said:

I know stupid question... but did you restart your PC after fresh installation?

twice in fact....a full shutdown...then a "reboot" after

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

13 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I did

Steve

Did you give Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU a try before rolling back to the studio drivers?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Steve

Did you give Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU a try before rolling back to the studio drivers?

I used the "clean install' option in the Nvidia app.  I'll try DDU next. Thanks.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I did

As above, you first need to boot pc into safe mode run DDU with the option to clean and reboot.

Note once you reboot the first time msconfig again and set to reboot into normal mode but this time use the option to not reboot no, to reboot later.

Install the drivers only. You will find your back to a true fresh install. Now reboot again and hopefully your now good.

the clean install is far from the same thing

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I’m still on the 511.79 drivers. Is it worth to move over to the new drivers?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

DX12, and doing circuits at Chicomick's freeware Duxford, around 1000 ft up, the runway markings are very much sharper with TAA than with DLSS. I'm using a 3080Ti, with a 1440p monitor, render scaling set to 200, FidelityFX sharpening set to 100, frames locked at 30. I'll stick with DX12 and TAA, and look forward to further refinements from Asobo. Right now, the sim has never looked or performed better.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

My results:

- 3080ti
- 64gb ram

Test Scenario: Fenix spawned on 09L at EGLL - take-off, loop around and land 27R
12pm, scattered clouds and no ai/multiplayer traffic

Frames are ~45 before takeoff and dips to about ~34 during the takeoff but generally is between 35-45 in cockpit during the scenario.

Settings mostly high with clouds and pre-cache on ultra and 2k monitor. I don't use DLSS.

Comparison between SU9 and SU10 and NV driver from August:
DX11 - ~2fps increase and slightly more smooth
DX12 - Similar FPS as DX11, better CPU/GPU utilisation but with major stutters

Comparison between NV driver from August and latest driver:
DX11 - ~2ps increase and feels same as previous driver as far as smoothness goes.
DX12 - feels like another 2fps increase but might be placebo. good CPU/GPU utilisation - I am now seeing mostly GPU limited scenarios. Best smoothness I had to date and much better than DX11. FPS numbers looks more consistent than DX11. For the first time I have now switched to DX12 will continue to monitor the experience. 

Something else I noticed - I usually cap FPS to 38 in the NV control panel and applying this again after my testing it feels like the smoothness might be slightly compromised under DX12 - but I am not 100% sure if my mind is just playing tricks so will have to test more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I’m still on the 511.79 drivers. Is it worth to move over to the new drivers?

Only if you want to use DX12.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Steve

Sigh....did a full DDU clean uninstall in safe mode....reloaded studio driver (last know working)....same result.  Up for any other things to try.   Did not create a restore point before installing the driver that started this crapfest!  I will from now on.  (never had this happen in decades of updating drivers.)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Sigh....did a full DDU clean uninstall in safe mode....reloaded studio driver (last know working)....same result.  Up for any other things to try.   Did not create a restore point before installing the driver that started this crapfest!  I will from now on.  (never had this happen in decades of updating drivers.)

Sorry to hear that. I always create a restore point just in case. Hope you get it worked out. 

• Like 1

Dan

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

The new driver does not change the size of the trees 😂

Either you are a joker or a troll, it's impossible you don't know what I was talking about. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Zero issues with new Game driver , running DX12 with DLSS .

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

The new driver does not change the size of the trees 😂

There was a graphical bug happening to some Nvidia users where giant rainbow trees (among other things) would appear in the sky when hitting high ram usage under DX12.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx12-issues-weird-graphics-glitches-stutters-in-panning/529129

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

DX12, DLSS Quality, Ultra everything, 3840 x 2160, V-Sync on in game, Frame Rate 50% of monitor. 

GPU mem peaked at 13.86 so far. 

GPU temp 68 degrees

Smooth, smooth, smooth! 

Seems about the same as the Studio set to me which were also amazing.  

I'm using the same settings and I have to agree. Everything is silky smooth. My test DX11/TAA at FlyTampa Vegas in the Fenix. I would see some pauses as I switched views. Using the settings Ultra for most items and High for a few I get silky smooth transitions and smooth departure out of Las Vegas. I'm going to do some more testing but I like the results so far. 

Update: Noticed that DLSS made the altitude tape blurry while it was scrolling so I switched to TAA which fixed it. More testing using DX12.

Edited by Wise87

Dan