Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

NVidia Game Ready Driver with fixes for MSFS released!

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

DX12, and doing circuits at Chicomick's freeware Duxford, around 1000 ft up, the runway markings are very much sharper with TAA than with DLSS. I'm using a 3080Ti, with a 1440p monitor, render scaling set to 200, FidelityFX sharpening set to 100, frames locked at 30. I'll stick with DX12 and TAA, and look forward to further refinements from Asobo. Right now, the sim has never looked or performed better.

Also using DX12 with TAA (for now)

Main points:

1. Better CPU/GPU utilisation and temps.

2. Much better sharpness now. The text on the small buttons on the WT G1000 always used to be blurry, now it's sharp!

3. Performance has improved quite a bit, however it's always important to use moderate settings for AIG traffic as it can eat FPS.

4. Bonus Feature Nobody talks about -> they have dramatically fixed the sun glare. It used to white out the entire view but not anymore.

5. The next biggie would be if they can work on the landing physics and slippery steering issues when touching down.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’m guessing you didn’t have the Alesund freeware scenery installed? It crippled performance for me, even with DX12 and a terrain LOD of 100. I highly recommended Norway DEM10 mesh though. Sorry, off topic.

Where did you find a Norway 10m DEM? The best I can find is Taburet's 15m payware. I see 20m on FSTO, but no 10m anywhere.

Installed the new game ready driver, and my impresions are:

I am running at DX12 and got almost the same FPS rate as the old driver, but when DLSS was enabled, I found less stuttering than before.- Blurry textures where cured almost totally by setting DLSS to quality, and the AMD sharpening option at full, combined with enabling DSR at 1,78x rate and 50% smoothness and image scale /sharpening to 100% at the NCP. Also shimmering dissapeared when I switched my native resolution from 1080p to 2560p. .- At TAA, FPS performance is slighly better, and images are crisper but at the cost of certain shimmering, and is not as smooth as DLSS 

10 minutes ago, solito said:

Installed the new game ready driver, and my impresions are:

I am running at DX12 and got almost the same FPS rate as the old driver, but when DLSS was enabled, I found less stuttering than before.- Blurry textures where cured almost totally by setting DLSS to quality, and the AMD sharpening option at full, combined with enabling DSR at 1,78x rate and 50% smoothness and image scale /sharpening to 100% at the NCP. Also shimmering dissapeared when I switched my native resolution from 1080p to 2560p. .- At TAA, FPS performance is slighly better, and images are crisper but at the cost of certain shimmering, and is not as smooth as DLSS 

I got a CTD and a total PC crash at the same scenery. I should try with TAA to see if it happens

54 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Where did you find a Norway 10m DEM? The best I can find is Taburet's 15m payware. I see 20m on FSTO, but no 10m anywhere.

Sorry, my bad, it's DEM20. Lofoten though is DEM7. Highly recommended. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

42 minutes ago, solito said:

I got a CTD and a total PC crash at the same scenery. I should try with TAA to see if it happens

TAA is OK, and shows slightly better FPS performance. Images are crisper, and shimmering was avoided by switching from my native resolution 1080p to 2600p, I think will stay with TAA at DX12 and the new game ready driver

16 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

DX12, DLSS Quality, Ultra everything, 3840 x 2160, V-Sync on in game, Frame Rate 50% of monitor. 

GPU mem peaked at 13.86 so far. 

GPU temp 68 degrees

Smooth, smooth, smooth! 

Seems about the same as the Studio set to me which were also amazing.  

What graphics card and cpu you are using??

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

10 minutes ago, altenae said:

What graphics card and cpu you are using??

All in my signature

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Sigh....did a full DDU clean uninstall in safe mode....reloaded studio driver (last know working)....same result.  Up for any other things to try.   Did not create a restore point before installing the driver that started this crapfest!  I will from now on.  (never had this happen in decades of updating drivers.)

Nightmare, feel for you Steve. Wish i could help more.😌

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 hours ago, DylanM said:

It enables automatically when it detects the correct driver. 

False !

it was stated in SU10 release note (2nd point) :

"Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator."

thus i am waiting for the fix, hope it will come soon...

Edited by Squatdrop

As posted in the other DX11 vs DX12 thread, here are my findings with the latest driver:

DLSS (Quality) does not look nearly as good as TAA and generally I don't need better GPU performance as I am usually CPU bound. I use 1440p though and I have not tested it yet with 4K or VR where I can imagine that DLSS might come really useful.

DX12 gives noticeably worse GPU performance (up to +7ms frametime!) and does not work with NVIDIA fast Vsync, so no reason to use it over DX11 as of now. I did not notice any changes to CPU performance with DX12.

I'm using RTX3080, Ryzen 5080x3D. No CTDs issues with the new driver.

Edited by Ohmsquare

14 minutes ago, Squatdrop said:

thus i am waiting for the fix, hope it will come soon...

Sorry, but the text you quoted can just as easily be interpreted the other way around, i.e. the allocator is already there, but Nvidia cards will only use it after the new driver is available - which it is now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

31 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Sorry, but the text you quoted can just as easily be interpreted the other way around, i.e. the allocator is already there, but Nvidia cards will only use it after the new driver is available - which it is now.

Well: as I see at this moment never my VRAM gets used more than 50%, and it was around 100% with SU10 Beta1 and 2  (I have 24 GB VRAM) what do you think I would interpret it?

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

35 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

DX12 gives noticeably worse GPU performance (up to +7ms frametime!) and does not work with NVIDIA fast Vsync

In what way isn’t it working with fast v-sync?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

This is the first time I have been able to try DX12 properly in VR and I have to say I am extremely pleased with what I am seeing. My specs are down below.

This driver has certainly done something and whilst I am not a numbers guy, fluidity is the thing I most look for.

Currently flying the Fenix back down to Heathrow, so far so flawlessly. I even broke out in a smile as I left Manchester, early doors but this sim is getting to where I want it to be.

I have no other words at the moment, just great.

• Like 4

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk