Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

NVidia Game Ready Driver with fixes for MSFS released!

1 hour ago, Squatdrop said:

False !

it was stated in SU10 release note (2nd point) :

"Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator."

thus i am waiting for the fix, hope it will come soon...

MSFS enables it automatically if it detects you have the right driver. This was confirmed by Matt NIschan, the lead of the Working Title team. As you know, the Working Title team is part of the MSFS team, and since Matt Nischan is the lead of the Working Title team, he is also officially a part of the MSFS team.  Matt Nischan already clarified here in the Avsim forum:

The memory management driver feature is automatically enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10. There is no additional action or patch required by the sim team.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:

- If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the DX12 driver memory management feature

- If you _are_ on the new driver, DX12 driver memory management will be enabled by the sim

@SierraDelta, you may also be interested in this information from Matt Nischan.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Only done one flight since updating to the latest driver (600NM in the PMDG 738). Running 3440x1440. 3080Ti / 5900X / 3600Mhz ram (32 gb). DX12 and DLSS (Balanced) is ridiculously smooth. TAA not quite as smooth but ofc sharper.  Happy camper.

• Like 6

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

20 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

Didn't know this, thanks. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I end up using the combo DDU+NVCleanInstall and everything is fine now.

Thanks to all for the advice. 

• Like 2

Edmundo Azevedo

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

MSFS enables it automatically if it detects you have the right driver. This was confirmed by Matt NIschan, the lead of the Working Title team. As you know, the Working Title team is part of the MSFS team, and since Matt Nischan is the lead of the Working Title team, he is also officially a part of the MSFS team.  Matt Nischan already clarified here in the Avsim forum:

@SierraDelta, you may also be interested in this information from Matt Nischan.

That is a clear statement from Matt which I did not read before.

Still... for some lucky simmers it is now all very smooth, but not for all, including myself. For me, on my system, it is not on the same level yet as SU10 beta1/2 for whatever reason. In VR that is- 2D is brilliant (3440x1440 monitor).

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

57 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Still... for some lucky simmers it is now all very smooth, but not for all, including myself. For me, on my system, it is not on the same level yet as SU10 beta1/2 for whatever reason. In VR that is- 2D is brilliant (3440x1440 monitor).

Yeah, very mixed reports over at the official forums. Certainly people are not raving about DX12 performance like in the early stages of the beta.

Some are even saying that they get better results with the studio driver. Still there’s a lot of uncertainty and speculations.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

33 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Does somebody having this issues aswell? Only during movement

spacer.png

Had it for ages. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Does somebody having this issues aswell? Only during movement

Yeah that has been there for a while and is more of a MSFS engine issue.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

DX12 > TAA here with studio and game drivers, the DLSS thing doen't improve anything and adds blurry screens. I think that this DLSS is a complete failure if you intend to use it in FS20, or in other flight sims (?).

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 minute ago, Claudius_ said:

complete failure

Unless you're using analog cockpits and a bit of sharpening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

I think that this DLSS is a complete failure if you intend to use it in FS20, or in other flight sims (?).

On your machine, maybe. On mine it has been a revelation. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

23 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

On your machine, maybe. On mine it has been a revelation. 

Show your revelation in an unedited video. I have a RTX 3080 and an AMD 5800X, FHD monitor on my machine. I'm very satisfied with FS20 and my machine performance, but I didn't see any stellar DLSS miracle from any simmer yet, as announced from Nvidia regarding the RTX 3XXX series, and I'm rather skeptical about the next RTX 4XXX series.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 minute ago, Claudius_ said:

Show your revelation in an unedited video. I have a RTX 3080 and an AMD 5800X, FHD monitor on my machine. I'm very satisfied with FS20 and my machine performance, but I didn't see any stellar DLSS miracle yet from any simmer, as announced from Nvidia regarding the RTX 3XXX series, and I'm rather skeptical about the next RTX 4XXX series.

Show me how it is a failure on yours! 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog