Sign in to follow this  
dhenriques

414 unknown sound loop

Hi;

You might think after flying these planes for years in real life I could find an errant sound in the cockpit.................BUT !!!!!!!    LOL
I could use some help;

Sitting cold on the ramp, if I hit the main battery switch I'm getting "something" running. I've checked everything I can think of. It's not an aux fuel pump, not a beacon running, I don't believe it's a gyro runup. I DO have a windshield light on the CWP showing but checking the switch panel I can't find anything that is ON. Turning the battery switch off the sound of course stops, so something on the plane is running..........but WHAT????????????
Anyone have ANY idea what this sound might be?
DH

On 9/27/2022 at 1:13 PM, dhenriques said:

Hi;

You might think after flying these planes for years in real life I could find an errant sound in the cockpit.................BUT !!!!!!!    LOL
I could use some help;

Sitting cold on the ramp, if I hit the main battery switch I'm getting "something" running. I've checked everything I can think of. It's not an aux fuel pump, not a beacon running, I don't believe it's a gyro runup. I DO have a windshield light on the CWP showing but checking the switch panel I can't find anything that is ON. Turning the battery switch off the sound of course stops, so something on the plane is running..........but WHAT????????????
Anyone have ANY idea what this sound might be?
DH

Battery hum (whatever that is) or bug maybe.  Either way I don't think flying is impacted.

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, ark said:

Battery hum (whatever that is) or bug maybe.  Either way I don't think flying is impacted.

Al

Flying is ok. Just driving me nuts (that's a short drive these days 🙂 trying to nail it down. Just hoping somebody else has noticed it.
In the past with other add ons this noise was usually an over aggressive electric fuel pump loop stuck in by a developer to make sure you knew the pump was working, but this one has me stumped. I'm fairly sure someone will nail it down and I'll discover I missed something that should have been obvious.

Thanks for the reply.

DH