Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

REX Weather Force SU10 update

REX launched an update Sep 23rd that should be compatible with SU10. 

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
REX Weather Force - Technical Update 4.5 - Released

DATE ISSUED:
Friday, September 23, 2022

PRODUCT:
REX Weather Force for MSFS 2020

BUILD:
6.0.2022.0921  (Corrected build number)

BUILD STATUS:
Released

WARNING:
This is a full version of REX Weather Force for MSFS 2020. Therefore, uninstall all previous versions of REX Weather Force for MSFS 2020 before installing the latest update.

FIX LIST:
- FIXED - Compatibility with the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator
- FIXED - Temperature rendering within the aircraft
- FIXED - Pressure / Altimeter rendering within the aircraft
- IMPROVED - Rendering of the Aerosol experience

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
 1. Uninstall all previous versions of the product.
 2. Remove all left over install folders.
 3. Create a “TEMP” folder on your desktop.
 4. Click the download link below and download the file into the “TEMP” folder you created on your desktop.
 5. Use WinZip or 7Zip (Do not use Windows UnZip) to unzip the installer files.
 6. Right click on the rexinstaller.exe and select “Run As Administrator” to start the installation process.

DOWNLOAD FILE:
Download from REX AXIS: https://rexaxis.com/

Just testing it right now. Any recommendations on the settings? This is what I have so far: 

EFr1BOd.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Been testing it a bit, this is the West coast of Thailand: 

yVx27jj.jpg

I'm at 18,500ft. Nearest METAR (windy.com): 

I can't find a nearby METAR. Nearest airport is VYDW. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I would "Adjust Weather Transition Rates" to something like 27ms, that gives you smooth transitions.
What concerns me is that when you read the metar even is correct, the wind direction is also correct but wind speed or wind gusts are not correctly injected in the sim. As an example, I'm using the "ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats" to read wind data or on the ND displays available with different airplanes and there is a noticeable difference compared to the real wind. I noticed wind speeds by 8 to 10 KTS less than what is advertised on metar.
Either is something wrong on my end or is a bug, I don't know.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I haven't used Weather Force for quite some time.

What does Weather Force offer that the default weather doesn't have these days?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I haven't used Weather Force for quite some time.

What does Weather Force offer that the default weather doesn't have these days?

You get snow in some regions of the world using Live Weather from Asabo for a long time, while there isn't any snow in real life since months. You can avoid this when you use Weather Force.

• Like 2

AccuSeason was the first REX product I bought since the early days of Prepar3D. I was not only impressed with the product, but also the support they've shown on a forum that isn't even their own official support channel. So, I figured I'd ask because I'm impressed.

Can someone explain to me like I'm a 5 year old the pros of REX Weather Force Vs default? I also kindly ask. If you have nothing nice to say. Don't say it. Obvious constructive negatives are ok but I'm not looking to make this into a 30 page locked thread.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 hours ago, styckx said:

Can someone explain to me like I'm a 5 year old the pros of REX Weather Force Vs default? I also kindly ask. If you have nothing nice to say. Don't say it. Obvious constructive negatives are ok but I'm not looking to make this into a 30 page locked thread.

After a long break from WF, I started using it again recently. I think the cloudscape often looks better, especially overcast. With default all you ever see is cumulus-type clouds, but with REX overcast looks more like a stratus layer.

The reason I stopped using it for a while was terrible stutters during transitions. With the most recent version and the fps performance improvement option on and aerosol disabled, I don't notice this as much.

One advantage with default: 

On 1/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

You can see different weather types in different directions and fly towards or away from them. Rex Weather is the same in all directions, so you will not fly towards different weather in the distance - it will transition slowly from what your in to what is in the distance.

Some screenshots:

b6XGbOe.jpg
vh8wcjB.jpg
1nsxRyW.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

After a long break from WF, I started using it again recently. I think the cloudscape often looks better, especially overcast. With default all you ever see is cumulus-type clouds, but with REX overcast looks more like a stratus layer.

Hmm, this picture from SU10 live weather shows overcast clouds and they are not really cumulus, I think:

10e3b5e50a835dcac5100a8e2adf87d19aef081a

I am also wondering what benefits Rex Weather has over SU 10 live weather now.  It seems from the reading and pictures/videos that I am seeing, SU 10 live weather is simply better overall than Rex Weather?

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I am also wondering what benefits Rex Weather has over SU 10 live weather now.  It seems from the reading and pictures/videos that I am seeing, SU 10 live weather is simply better overall than Rex Weather?

Yes, perhaps. I haven't tried REX that much. I'm generally quite happy with default unlike others which seem to make it their life mission to complain about it. But at least REX is there an an option to try. Can't remember the price though. 

Yeah that picture you posted is quite convincing. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes, perhaps. I haven't tried REX that much. I'm generally quite happy with default unlike others which seem to make it their life mission to complain about it. But at least REX is there an an option to try. Can't remember the price though. 

Yeah that picture you posted is quite convincing. 

Can you please check the following?
On my end, I get the correct SA/METAR but there is a noticeable difference compared to the actual wind injected in the sim. I'm using "ambitiouspilots-shiftzstats" to read wind data or on any airplane that has wind direction and speed on ND and I can see 8 to 10 kts less in velocity while the direction is correct in reference to SA/METAR. 
Thanks.

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

SU 10 live weather is simply better overall than Rex Weather?

The only plus that I noticed is that REX managed to get turbulence and wind shifts, not as aggressive/exaggerated as the MSFS wx engine.

12 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Can you please check the following?

I'll look for it on my next flight. 

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I'll look for it on my next flight. 

Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

With default all you ever see is cumulus-type clouds

Yeah after SU10, this is no longer accurate.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.