FSLTL - live traffic finally released

52 minutes ago, iliasr said:

...fps friendly or not ?..

I’d say it’s comparable to AIG. 

• Like 2

NAX669.png

53 minutes ago, iliasr said:

...fps friendly or not ?..

lol, there's no fps friendly traffic addons if you hammer your already heavy scenery with 80+ ai planes. 

• Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm a glutton for punishment, so, I gave it a whirl. First impression, it was simple, and it worked on the 1st try.

I just hit install in the FBW installer for both packages. They ended up in my "MyCommunity" folder in the 'Aircraft' folder. I moved them to my "MyCommunity" folder under 'Traffic'. The addon linker immediately found them and added them to my addon list. Next, I pinned the injector executable to my start menu. I signed up for the flight plan web site, verified the email, and acquired the API key. I launched the sim with the B738 at KLAS gate D55 and started the injector. A few seconds later, I had traffic. I used 60, 5, and 0 for the 3 options when the injector started.

Try it. it works.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I agree it was very straight forward and it does work. Did a bit of circling around Vegas in the 172 at FL070 and I could see the arrivals to 26L stretching for miles east and constant departures from 1L and 1R. I'm not 100% certain, but the lights looked a little better than AIG models, I could be wrong and need to spend more time with it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

How are the inflight AI planes spawned? Also on the user aircraft altitude like for AIG or on their proper flight level? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This is crazy!  I've never even heard of this thing till tonight.

Phenomenal!

52392107553_e5a48afe5f_k.jpgbaaas by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52392107378_12fbeb70ea_k.jpgyay by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52390940197_1c72790d09_k.jpgbaaas4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 11

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How are the inflight AI planes spawned? Also on the user aircraft altitude like for AIG or on their proper flight level? 

They just pop in like they do for AIG and the default AI.

Not sure what you mean, but I am headed from KLAS to KDEN @ Fl390, and I see 3 airplanes about 1000' lower than me off to port headed in the opposite direction...

spacer.png

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Can someone please explain to me what needs to happen for tail number matching and proper livery selection in the live traffic scenarios? Does that need to come from Asobo? I imagine this info must be passed by FR24 or FlightAware already?

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

7 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Not sure what you mean, but I am headed from KLAS to KDEN @ Fl390, and I see 3 airplanes about 1000' lower than me off to port headed in the opposite direction...

What I mean is: with AIG, AI planes that are enroute the moment you start the traffic controller are spawned basically on the user altitude. Means: if you sit on ground, you will get plenty of AI traffic spawned on ultra low flight levels (and then climbing up). In more detail: if you stand on EDDK and fire up AIG TC, the just passing flight from EHAM to EDDM will spawn not on the supposed altitude but e.g. on 500ft AGL instead. If FSLTL overcomes this bug, this would be a huge plus over AIG.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Wonderful, great, awesome traffic. Performance hit was thankfully not too heavy.

I did notice some white livery aircraft, which reminded me of Traffic Global in XP. 

My only tip is an extra start option for the fallback method when starting the injector:

1. current method (fallback to generics/AIG models etc)
  2. fallback to same aircraft but a default livery for that airport, for example a white aircraft at Atlanta would be replaced by Delta
  3. do not display those aircraft at all (no white aircraft liveries would appear).

• Upvote 1

Performance was quite poor for me when I enabled the static (ground traffic) during the configuration process, however after turning that off it’s running much better. Not sure why this would have such an impact. 

Very happy with FSLTL. Extremely simple to set up. 

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

What I mean is: with AIG, AI planes that are enroute the moment you start the traffic controller are spawned basically on the user altitude. Means: if you sit on ground, you will get plenty of AI traffic spawned on ultra low flight levels (and then climbing up). In more detail: if you stand on EDDK and fire up AIG TC, the just passing flight from EHAM to EDDM will spawn not on the supposed altitude but e.g. on 500ft AGL instead. If FSLTL overcomes this bug, this would be a huge plus over AIG.

It doesn't seem to have that bug. I just injected traffic and immediately saw a plane cruising at FL360 over me. Went to Flightradar 24 to check and there it was. 

On Littlenavmap you can check the airline and flight number, departure and destination It was an Evelop flight.

I noticed a plane with white texture and another one with no engine sound.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

It's similar to AIG, but works much faster. The traffic looks great. As others have said, there are aircrafts with blank liveries, just like Traffic Global. Another thing I noticed is that I still see Delta Air Lines planes at RJAA and there are some planes parked in the wrong place. 

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Tried it. If you haven't used AIG and don't have all the flight plans downloaded, this is certainly much easier and quicker! Big points for those things - night and day difference to the time investment required to get AIG fully functional.

However, I decided to uninstall it and revert to AIG. I tried at VHHH, which is a large airport because I have previously been very impressed with the way AIGTC fills it up and makes it feel alive. FSLTL did not achieve the same. I ran the injector with 200 for IFR, 100 for VFR, 10 for parked aircraft and I still had only a smattering of gates populated. There were entire terminals and parking areas without any planes. It said it was using 92 parked aircraft and it looked like about 10-12 aircraft that were "live."

By comparison, AIGTC running at 99% and doing A/B comparisons at the same time, fills almost every gate and puts lots of planes in the parking areas as well. I would say there were in excess of 250 aircraft shown in the overall area around VHHH. The frames hit to AIGTC was about 10-13 FPS larger, but it was showing many, many more aircraft. If they had been showing the same amount of aircraft, I think the FPS would have been similar.

It is a great solution, but if you have AIG already and can run it at a high % of injection, I think it is still the better solution.

• Like 4

I'm testing it in LIRF now and it's amazing. Much better than AIG with MSFS live traffic (didn't try AIG with injector). Sounds are better, lights seem to be better also, planes spawn at correct altitudes. Also didn't see any planes doing circles in the ground or circling the airport at low altitude.

I disabled bloom because the landing lights were too strong at night with bloom on, now it's perfect.

Sim loads much faster than with AIG for me, almost half the time.

Saw some nice contrails too.

I'm impressed.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 6

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White