Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

So, correct me if i've got this wrong, this has less models and less paints than AIG and still uses the default Asobo methods for controlling AI traffic.   So apart from sounds and lights there is no advantage of using this over AIG other than "ease of use"?

Got a chance to check this out. Super-easy installation. Just installed the injector (not the base models) and had AIG in the community folder to test what would happen. This actually worked 🙂

RJAA Tokyo Narita Intl
13 parked airliners including ANA, Air India, Ethihad, Japan Airlines, Austrian B777, Finnair A350, Qatar Airways B777,
Emirates B777, Zipair, Korean Air, FedEX Express B777. A small glitch was two United B737 Max with the same tail number parked next to each other. 

RJTT Tokyo Haneda Intl
FPS before injection: 49 | MainThread 16ms | GPU-limited
FPS after injection: 46 | MainThread 19ms | GPU-limited
39 aircraft; 4 enroute, 3 preflight, 3 pushback, 29 parked

I checked a few AI with flightradar24.com and it was spot on: 

1. ANA JA788A preflight KLAX
  2. Cathay Pacific CPA846 enroute VHHH-KJFK FL350

EGCC Manchester
49 aircraft; including two enroute "Generic Piston Single Engine Asobo" @ 1250ft and 3200ft

KJFK
FPS before injection: 55 | MainThread 15ms | GPU-limited
FPS after injection: 39 | MainThread 23ms | MainThread-limited
67 aircraft

6lqkw3t.jpg

I found AI movements to be smooth, no twitching like with FSHud or RealTraffic. I'm aware of the Asobo limitations though e.g. long rwy vacating times. Sounds were... fine I guess. 

American Eagle RPA4770 Embraer E175LR arrival from Norfolk rwy 4R

2GeF9iK.jpg

Delta Connection Embraer 4R go-around rwy 4R

AWszUuD.jpg

I spent about 30 minutes at JFK at didn't see any departures. Strange. Could be another Asobo limitation - IIRC this was a problem before, but I wasn't aware of it being a problem currently. 

TL;DR: I really like this. It's freeware, super easy installation, works out of the box with AIG. 

EDIT: One last screenshot. ATC coffee break?

jO8NUNp.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

At what point am I supposed to run the fsltl-trafficinjector.exe?

Has anyone added it into the addon-linker start up options, and if so, what is your delay time to start in seconds? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, chickster25 said:

Has anyone added it into the addon-linker start up options, and if so, what is your delay time to start in seconds? 

I have it and do not have a delay, just use the option to start it with simconnect.
If you get over the settings and the sim ist not started, the injector says "injection started" and tells you then "injection paused until sim is active"

In short words, start it at any time you like

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I have it and do not have a delay, just use the option to start it with simconnect.
If you get over the settings and the sim ist not started, the injector says "injection started" and tells you then "injection paused until sim is active"

In short words, start it at any time you like

Thank you very much

10 hours ago, Alvega said:

I'm testing it in LIRF now and it's amazing. Much better than AIG with MSFS live traffic (didn't try AIG with injector). Sounds are better, lights seem to be better also, planes spawn at correct altitudes. Also didn't see any planes doing circles in the ground or circling the airport at low altitude.

I disabled bloom because the landing lights were too strong at night with bloom on, now it's perfect.

Sim loads much faster than with AIG for me, almost half the time.

Saw some nice contrails too.

I'm impressed.

Noticed this as well - much faster load than with AIG. And the soundet is phenomenal.

• Upvote 1

Taking a quick look at the .vmr file for VATSIM Model Matching, I've found some entries that look like this:

<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="A20N" ModelName="FSLTL_A20N_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="A321" ModelName="FSLTL_A321_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="A332" ModelName="FSLTL_A332F_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="MD11" ModelName="FSLTL_MD11F_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B739" ModelName="FSLTL_B739_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B737" ModelName="FSLTL_B737_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="AT76" ModelName="FSLTL_AT76_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B748" ModelName="FSLTL_B748F_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="A333" ModelName="FSLTL_A333_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="A320" ModelName="FSLTL_A320_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B738" ModelName="FSLTL_B738_ZZZZ"/>
    <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B77L" ModelName="FSLTL_B77L_ZZZZ"/>

I guess those are plain white liveries?
Can anyone confirm this?

That would be already worth the download and a reason for me to donate to them.

I've fiddled around for quite some time to search for liveries in my AIG installation, that are almost white, then GIMPed them to a white livery, exported it and used it as a generic livery for ICAO aircraft codes that don't fly that specific type (like DLH B738 -> shown as a white 738 on my side, not as the default model I've set up in vPilot (A320)).

1 minute ago, DylanM said:

Noticed this as well - much faster load than with AIG. And the soundet is phenomenal.

Which load is faster? Desktop > Main Menu or Main Menu > Flight?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'm sure it is listed hidden in one of the pages, but can someone tell me how this compares both in differences and similarities to what I am using now with PSXT and Real Traffic?  One thing I read is that this addon now shows traffic in the Fenix TCAS so that alone might make me want to try it but outside of that, what are the differences?  

As far as I understand, with FSLTL you will have aircraft going in circles, using wrong runways and wrong parking positions like all other traffic solutions relying on the MSFS AI engine.

So for me this offering is pointless at this time. I will stay with PSXT and Realtraffic.

• Like 2

Is there a density slider and how have people found things performance wise to be the sweet spot?  I have a mid range system, run on high with TLOD of 130 and look for a solid 30FPS. I guess AI creates stutters rather than low FPS. 

Added back my AIG folder along side this and made a big difference.  No more white planes and most models are there now.  

The biggest issue i see now is that the planes rarely depart, if at all.  I was at KDCA and had some, but then went to KATL and had none.  Planes would just sit in line and on the runway.  I think this is because if there is a plane taxiing at the other end of the runway or crossing it, they won't depart.  I'm ok with that but the planes taxi slowly and at busier airports like ATL, theres always a plane taxiing near the departing runway.  So the result is planes never departing and end up disappearing.  

48 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I did some more flying and testing this morning.  Still think the project is awesome.  It really needs more aircraft models especially regional jets.  There's none that I can tell.  CRJs and ERJs would be helpful for many of the regional airports would only have those.  And needs some GA models like Challengers, Embraer Phenoms/E550 etc, Citations, newer Learjets, Gulfstreams (probably hard to get those).  And then some decent props like C310/414, Pipers, Mooney etc.  The stock planes are fine but probably rough on performance.

Ryan, I've seen CRJs and Embraers. I'm using FSLTL with AIG. Just in the last hour there's been Embraer E170LR, Embraer E175LR, CRJ-702ER, CRJ-900LR, Cessna 680 Citation, Dash 8-400, Embraer Legacy 450. Note that I haven't seen these but they turn up in the injector list of aircraft. 

EDIT: Anyone got a link to their Discord? Found it at flightsimulator.com: https://discord.com/invite/suMR56wCrn

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Langeveldt said:

Is there a density slider and how have people found things performance wise to be the sweet spot?  I have a mid range system, run on high with TLOD of 130 and look for a solid 30FPS. I guess AI creates stutters rather than low FPS. 

Yeah there is, when you start the injector you can change the percentage of aircraft displayed 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

How could you verify that FSLTL injector is using an AIG model? I have both the full install of AIG (all airlines) and FSLTL installed and active in the community folder, yet for example in LSZH, there are some white livery planes indicating that FSLTL did not find the corresponding repaint. 

Using AI companion shows you the aircraft titles AMC you can see that it's using aircraft from the AIG install. It still misses a lot of them though, but it's only day one. I'm sure improvements are coming 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'm glad this is here, but I don't really see any advantage over AIG and a couple of disadvantages (less models/liveries, real time traffic means no traffic at all when I fly in Asia or Australia, and unrealistic traffic levels when my sim time is different from real time [like less flights in the US, because in real time it's noon over there but in sim time it's rush hour). Live traffic is great for the immersion, but it absolutely doesn't work for immersion unless you are also simming real time. Still, a good addon for live-traffickers!

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 1