Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm glad this is here, but I don't really see any advantage over AIG and a couple of disadvantages (less models/liveries, real time traffic means no traffic at all when I fly in Asia or Australia, and unrealistic traffic levels when my sim time is different from real time [like less flights in the US, because in real time it's noon over there but in sim time it's rush hour). Live traffic is great for the immersion, but it absolutely doesn't work for immersion unless you are also simming real time. Still, a good addon for live-traffickers!

More important. It's light years beyond whatever it is MSFS provide as far as AI or "live traffic" which is next to nothing

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

So, correct me if i've got this wrong, this has less models and less paints than AIG and still uses the default Asobo methods for controlling AI traffic.   So apart from sounds and lights there is no advantage of using this over AIG other than "ease of use"?

Well, other than the fact that the FSLTL injector doesn't crash consistently.....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

and unrealistic traffic levels when my sim time is different from real time [like less flights in the US, because in real time it's noon over there but in sim time it's rush hour)

How is it unrealistic traffic levels when in real life that is the traffic flying there at that time? I'd say it's your sim time that is unrealistic because it's different from real time and you want unrealistic traffic levels to match your unrealistic sim time. 🙄

• Like 7

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

12 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Well, other than the fact that the FSLTL injector doesn't crash consistently.....

I've had FSLTL crash 4 times already shortly after injecting. When it works it works great but it's not stable by any means. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

14 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I'm not sure if anything has changed over at AIG, or if ASOBO addressed the simconnect issue, but since SU 10 I haven't had a single crash out of 5 flights, each over 4 hours.

To put that in perspective, pre SU 10 my AIGTC would crash between 10 minutes and 2 hours into every flight. Maybe nothing has changed and I'm just (suddenly) lucky, but so far...

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

I've had FSLTL crash 4 times already shortly after injecting. When it works it works great but it's not stable by any means. 

Strange, it didn't crash once for me yet after hours of testing.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Can I assume that FSLTL injects traffic based on "Real Time" rather than "Simulator Time?"

Looking good so far. :biggrin:

Al

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does it get rid of the horrible blocky square lights on AI aircraft? 

Man, I was wondering about this!  I thought it was my system/graphic settings options and thought I was the only one with this issue!. Now I know it is just not me!..lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Man, I was wondering about this!  I thought it was my system/graphic settings options and thought I was the only one with this issue!. Now I know it is just not me!..lol

Awful ain’t they? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

I am aware of this, yet in the AIG discord channel someone reported that after SU10, you wont get any takeoffs using AIG with the setting on 0%, but already 1% should be sufficient. Dont know if this is still valid or the updated TC fixed this...

I think this refers to ground vehicles. I just found out via FSLTL Discord that I didn't have any departing aircraft as I had ground vehicles set to 0 (I got sick of the reckless driving, lol). But setting it to 1 and AI starts getting pushed back and taxi to the runway. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 minutes ago, motishow said:

why are there some blank planes ?

Because there's no livery for the airline they're representing.

Seems to work pretty well right out of the box. Didn't notice any major performance hit. 

Has anyone tried this with Aerosoft's Simple Traffic?

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

Great, I guess it is due to the "fallback mapping" they included according to the readme.txt. Makes the whole addon even better, because with my full blown AIG installation, it should basically find an AIG plane almost in each case there is no FSLTL match.

Indeed, it's extremely clever. I've now installed the base models, and I already had all the AIG models. What a well written piece of software this is! Before yesterday I didn't even know it was in development. If only Asobo could spend some time fixing AI behavior and I would be a very happy camper indeed (still see AI spinning around as the hold short of the active). 

Sounds are actually very good to. Just sitting at the start of JFK rwy 4R and it gives me a thrill every time I hear an aircraft coming in to land. 

The injector is very basic but I like having all the stats. It's so easy to look up an aircraft in FR24. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”