Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Are you referring to the old AI Companion that was used in P3D ? I've just tried running it but couldn't get past the page where I was being prompted for the folder location of the flightplan bgls - which I believe aren't used with FSLTL ?

There is a version of AI Companion for MSFS and it shows the injected traffic from FSLTL, it also shows traffic from PSXT if using that. AIG for MSFS doesn't use BGL's either.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=35642.0

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, styckx said:

I'm glad this is here, but I don't really see any advantage over AIG and a couple of disadvantages (less models/liveries, real time traffic means no traffic at all when I fly in Asia or Australia, and unrealistic traffic levels when my sim time is different from real time [like less flights in the US, because in real time it's noon over there but in sim time it's rush hour). Live traffic is great for the immersion, but it absolutely doesn't work for immersion unless you are also simming real time. Still, a good addon for live-traffickers!

interesting the points you bring up.  However I was under the impression that AIG timetables were based on your PC's current time regardless of what time you are using within the sim.

The biggest issue I have with AIG is that it often just stops working.  I understood this was a common issue with the MS small program that allows MS to transfer data between it and outside software (forgot the name of it).  So, for me, I will actually go the AIG map and look closely to see if the ai aircraft are indeed moving, especially when I am about 20 miles out from landing as I want to see planes in the area.  I have to say about half the time I see no movement on the map and I realize that AIG is hung.  This requires a restart of AIG and its associated long startup time.  It really pulls me out of the sim at that point.  I hope this new freeware somehow is better able to stay running.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

How is it unrealistic traffic levels when in real life that is the traffic flying there at that time? I'd say it's your sim time that is unrealistic because it's different from real time and you want unrealistic traffic levels to match your unrealistic sim time.

I think this is because flight radar does not show all know IFR traffic, in other words, flight radar looks nothing like real world ATC IFR traffic in terms of targets tracked.  Additionally, if this new addon gets its 'flight radar' traffic via MSFS, then you take a hard additional hit on number of aircraft as MSFS only shows a fraction of what we can see on the flight radar website.  Those are my thoughts at least. 

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

This is basically like MSFS live traffic, but much better.  Heretofore, I've been using AIG liveries with PSXT Live Traffic.  Due to MSFS inane AI, each traffic solutions seems to have it's pros and cons depending on what you prefer and can live with.  For me the differences between this and PSXT:

• When spawning the traffic in, it can take a few minutes for the airports to "come alive" with FSLTL as planes eventually make their way on approach, or planes take a few minutes before departing the gate, whereas with PSXT it's immediate---planes are immediately taxing, on approach, etc.
  • FSLTL is bound by MSFS's AI logic with all it's quirks and niggles, whereas PSXT isn't.
  • FSLTL ground traffic will make its way from gate to runway or vice-versa in a very smooth fashion (provided it lands on a runway where it doesn't get stuck) .  PSXT (depending on airport) ground traffic may disappear and reappear or take odd paths across grass, or disappear altogether before reaching the gate, which can break the immersion.
  • The sounds and contrails in FSLTL are awesome.

FSLTL definitely provides more traffic than MSFS default live traffic, and if at an airport where AI works well, I think this is a great addon.  If at an airport where AI isn't all that great, PSXT is probably preferable.  An example of this is KATL.  With MSFS default AI, planes will simply not take off there, whether default or using this add-on.  Using PSXT at KATL, however, not only do planes take off but they don't display any of the random appearing/disappearing that can take place at other airports with PSXT.  

All that said, FSLTL is a solid choice and I can see myself going back and forth between this and PSXT.  I have to hand it to them, I really thought this was vaporware all these months, but I stand corrected.  And they did a great job.

Edited by mikeklimek

14 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

flight radar looks nothing like real world ATC IFR traffic in terms of targets tracked.

What? Where is this coming from? Also, do you actually mean Flightradar24 or FlightAware (where MSFS gets its data from)?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

13 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

To me, that reads: Don't use it or be prepared to go crazy!

how do you keep from going crazy otherwise? do you just disable all traffic? they are just listing the problems that already exist with default traffic that asobo needs to solve

cheers,-andy crosby

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

So, it seems that I will have to decide whether I want a very diverse AI traffic with ridiculous spawning of enroute planes or proper enroute plane spawning with drastically reduced diversity...

Guys. the ease of installation, reduced disk space and stability are worth the price of admission alone.

• Like 4

Really nice install process and clear instructions that made it possible to set up inside of an hour. Seems to work reasonably well, but it does put a hit on simulator fps and smoothness. Use of this kind of software inevitably requires making graphics compromises in order to achieve acceptably\e performance, but that's just how it goes.

BTW it works really well with vPilot on VATSIM. Many thanks to the developers for that.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Superb.  So easy and quick to install, a great variety of aircraft, and although it hits performance, inevitably, it does not hit it as much as AIG (and it hasn't crashed yet).  Although I thank the guys at AIG for giving me AI traffic for a long time, I can't fault this for ease of use and consistency.

I am however getting the ugly generic A380/Boeing thing spawning. And I have AI traffic turned off, generic models off. What could this be? 

• Like 2

This AI Traffic (visually very beautiful) follows SIDs and STARs?

I've used P3D so far but this addon is one of those things that can make me migrate to MSFS.

Even so I still need a good Offline ATC and Historical Weather.

PS: but as this traffic is online I won't be able to have one day... historical weather 😐

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Just a quick video from Vancouver. The sounds are quite impressive!

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

35 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I am however getting the ugly generic A380/Boeing thing spawning. And I have AI traffic turned off, generic models off. What could this be?

Probably FSLTL is missing a model for this particular AI. I have blank aircraft even with 40GB of AIG installed. But installing all AIG flight plans via the AI manager should reduce the chance of generic models spawning. 

There's also some inaccuracies in terms of parked AI. I've set parked to 0. But I saw this Hainan Airlines Dreamliner (picture below) parked at Vancouver Intl. I checked the tail number on FR24, and it has not flown to Vancouver in the last year. It did however fly from Beijing to Toronto on Apr 8 and from Beijing to LA on Apr 3. So I guess it's not wildly unrealistic that it could be parked in Vancouver. 

There's also the issue of AI aircraft being spread over a large area, thus having some scarcity of AI even at major hubs. JFK was affected by this due to nearby Newark and La Guardia. 

But for now I really like this addon. It's extremely easy to install and use. Startup is very quick compared to AIG TC. And it has not crashed yet 🙂

Try5Tag.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I am really enjoying this one.  I have been up in the air for 3 hours and 54 minutes without a hiccup.  The contrails are good.  The strobe lights can be seen very well.  The sounds from the AI on the ground are great.  I have had three TCAS alerts and one required me to take corrective action, lol.  They did a great job with this one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mwilk said:

Like always, AI causes a performance hit. I don't think it's any worse than AIG.

I guess this is essentially AIG w/ an automated installer?  That screenshot of LAX looks like a nightmare on performance for my machine so hopefully one can control the density of AI, yes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Probably FSLTL is missing a model for this particular AI. I have blank aircraft even with 40GB of AIG installed. But installing all AIG flight plans via the AI manager should reduce the chance of generic models spawning. 

There's also some inaccuracies in terms of parked AI. I've set parked to 0. But I saw this Hainan Airlines Dreamliner (picture below) parked at Vancouver Intl. I checked the tail number on FR24, and it has not flown to Vancouver in the last year. It did however fly from Beijing to Toronto on Apr 8 and from Beijing to LA on Apr 3. So I guess it's not wildly unrealistic that it could be parked in Vancouver. 

Notice a lack of Air Canada and Westjet Max's at YVR as well as no Jazz or Encore Q400's? Even with AIG installed, none of them are to be seen and they make up good percentage of YVR traffic. I know it's only day 1, hopefully it'll improve.

FSLTL will spawn statics that aren't actually at the airport, but in this case with Hainan, they do operate to YVR and a B789 landed this afternoon. I hope you aren't expecting to have every registration painted, it's just the one that was repainted to represent their fleet. Similar to the United 737's you saw in Tokyo, United does have 737's ops to/from NRT so that is good to see (they weren't B38M's though as there aren't any in FSLTL yet).

As for parking, FSLTL doesn't know anything at all about where traffic parks, it's the sim's AI engine that parks them anywhere available so you wont see proper parking anywhere in the world without the scenery dev's adding airline specific coded parking in their sceneries. Similar to Runway use, FSLTL has no role in runway selection. It's all done by the AI engine. YVR for example, 99.9% of the time doesn't depart 26R/08L.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS