Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

I guess this is essentially AIG w/ an automated installer?  That screenshot of LAX looks like a nightmare on performance for my machine so hopefully one can control the density of AI, yes?

Yes, you can control how many AI you want to spawn.

NAX669.png

8 hours ago, tgsweat said:

The biggest issue i see now is that the planes rarely depart, if at all.  I was at KDCA and had some, but then went to KATL and had none.  Planes would just sit in line and on the runway.  I think this is because if there is a plane taxiing at the other end of the runway or crossing it, they won't depart.  I'm ok with that but the planes taxi slowly and at busier airports like ATL, theres always a plane taxiing near the departing runway.  So the result is planes never departing and end up disappearing.  

This is a problem with AI in general at KATL. There are node problems with KATL that prevent takeoffs from some of the runways. If those are the runways in use then you will get no departures, but rather planes stacking up. This will affect any AI program you use, even MSFS stock AI. I think a couple other airports have these problems too. AIG posted about this in one of there first State of AI Traffic reports:

Takeoffs

You will see some airports (Atlanta (WU) or Nice (WU)) where the AI will taxi into takeoff position but not depart and the next airplane will do the same, stacking up some airplanes. We tracked this issue down to some hold short nodes at the airports but are unable to solve this for all airports.

unknown.png

AI will not depart at KATL (Wolrd Update)

I do believe KAI stated that this problem does not affect the non-world update KATL, so you could always try disabling the WU version of KATL.

Edited by Phantoms

James

41 minutes ago, Noel said:

I guess this is essentially AIG w/ an automated installer?  

No, it's not. This has better sounds, better lights, contrails, planes spawning at correct altitudes, traffic based on live real flights from Flightradar instead of old flight plans, takes half the time (or less) for the sim to load, etc. Very different from AIG, IMO.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

45 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Notice a lack of Air Canada and Westjet Max's at YVR as well as no Jazz or Encore Q400's? Even with AIG installed, none of them are to be seen and they make up good percentage of YVR traffic. I know it's only day 1, hopefully it'll improve.

AIG doesn't have any ACA or WJA Maxes either.

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

No, it's not. This has better sounds, better lights, contrails, planes spawning at correct altitudes, traffic based on live real flights from Flightradar instead of old flight plans, takes half the time (or less) for the sim to load, etc. Very different from AIG, IMO.

But also missing a ton of airlines and several aircraft models.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Much less performance loss than AIG also

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Not sure if this is FSLTL issue or something else. I uploaded FSLTL vmr into vPilot and now I am getting way more model matching errors then ever before. Pretty much most of the liveries are not recognized except PMDG and few Fenix once. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

But also missing a ton of airlines and several aircraft models.

I don't know about "a ton". It's missing some liveries and models, yes, but they said they will be adding them with updates. Weighting the pros and cons, for me the choice is clear.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

11 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Much less performance loss than AIG also

only because it's spawning less planes, which you can do in AIG by lowering the %spawned slider.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

FSLTL will spawn statics that aren't actually at the airport, but in this case with Hainan, they do operate to YVR and a B789 landed this afternoon.

That’s interesting, didn’t know that. I saw a few twin turboprops but didn’t pay too much attention to the airline or the aircraft model.

Yeah, it’s far from perfect. But I’d say more than good enough for a first edition. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

12 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

only because it's spawning less planes, which you can do in AIG by lowering the %spawned slider.

Not only because of that but also because it uses native gITF models, which, AFAIK AIG doesn't.

Built with glTF models for better performance, reduced stutters, and CTD avoidance.

Check the features on the bottom part of the page: https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

59 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

AIG doesn't have any ACA or WJA Maxes either.

They do in my custom setup. 😉  Either way they should still show up, they sure do with PSXT.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just a quick note to my experience with this add-on...
It can only use LIVE data from FlightAware, not archived.

So, if you fly at 9am in the sim but it's actually 2am where you are flying, you might not see anything, e.g. Heathrow.

I can only fly in the evenings and am flying mainly in the UK and Europe, so this addon will not provide me with much AI unfortunately, YMMV

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

9 minutes ago, toby23 said:

Just a quick note to my experience with this add-on...
It can only use LIVE data from FlightAware, not archived.

So, if you fly at 9am in the sim but it's actually 2am where you are flying, you might not see anything, e.g. Heathrow.

I can only fly in the evenings and am flying mainly in the UK and Europe, so this addon will not provide me with much AI unfortunately, YMMV

I was just thinking the same thing. I live in the US but I fly in Europe a lot. To have live traffic I'll have to do my flights before early afternoon. I guess I can use AIG for evening flights.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png