Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

29 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I just tested it WITHOUT installing any of the FSTL models first and ONLY installing the Injector. It works. So if you are like me and used AIG on the airports you mainly fly to and from, and have installed all the packages already by looking at the Flightradar24 timetables, then you don't need to install anything else but the injector to get the live traffic with the AIG models. 

As Flightradar24 is superiour to Flightaware, I think this is how I will keep on using the injector.

Though it’s not perfect. It still seems to load generic turboprop models for smaller aircraft even when AIG has the proper aircraft model for that flight.

Edited by Tuskin38

33 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I just tested it WITHOUT installing any of the FSTL models first and ONLY installing the Injector. It works. So if you are like me and used AIG on the airports you mainly fly to and from, and have installed all the packages already by looking at the Flightradar24 timetables, then you don't need to install anything else but the injector to get the live traffic with the AIG models. 

This is exactly what I did when I first tried FSLTL - just the injector and I kept the AIG folder. Worked like a charm. For some reason I installed the "base models" after that - although technically this shouldn't be necessary as AIG has way more models/liveries than FSLTL. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Pretty sure that this is possible, although I have not the slightes idea why someone would keep the ugly ST stuff now FSLTL is out...

Well, I haven't seen anything in Simple Traffic that is particularly ugly. I think ST's liveries are perfectly acceptable.

It's the possible conflicts of having them both installed at the same time that is my concern - or maybe there are even advantages to having both. Anyone know for certain?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Though it’s not perfect. It still seems to load generic turboprop models for smaller aircraft even when AIG has the proper aircraft model for that flight.

Indeed. And the actual AI logic seems to be flawed as well still. I tested it at Frankfurt. The injector reported aircraft starting their pushback and taxi to the departure runway 25C, which was correct according to real live. But in the sim the aircraft taxied to 7C and some even to 7R, which is NEVER used for take-offs.

It also seems as if the actual flown routes are just directs as opposed to tracked flights. This is a difference to the Live-Traffic that comes with the sim. It may have a greater delay and may be wonky in the final approach phase, but the actual flight routes flown seem to be correct as reported by Flightaware. At least when I was on the STAR section of  my flightplans I could often see aircraft in front of me fly the same route that I took.

What about the flight routes that can be enabled with the token? Anyone use that and can explain the advantages?

This talk about flying in real time vs. not makes me think that I'll probably keep using FSHud when I want to fly with AIG offline flight plans, and use the injector when I want to fly with live AI. I won't go back to using AIG TC though. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

What about the flight routes that can be enabled with the token? Anyone use that and can explain the advantages?

In the Q&A video I watched it was explained that with an API key, FSLTL will hand the aircraft over to the sim with a flight plan for the intended destination. If an API key is not used, there is no flight plan given to the sim and the aircraft will simply fly a point to point route.

Edited by Vel
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It also seems as if the actual flown routes are just directs as opposed to tracked flights. This is a difference to the Live-Traffic that comes with the sim. It may have a greater delay and may be wonky in the final approach phase, but the actual flight routes flown seem to be correct as reported by Flightaware. At least when I was on the STAR section of  my flightplans I could often see aircraft in front of me fly the same route that I took.

Yeah the default MSFS live traffic in the sim is not controlled by AI at cruise altitude, but is guided by the flightpath data provide by Flightaware, similar to PSXseecon. AI only controls the aircraft at approach, take off and taxi.

If you have a program that can report an AI aircraft's speed, any time the live traffic isn't AI controlled, its airspeed will be reported as 0.

Edited by Tuskin38

37 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is exactly what I did when I first tried FSLTL - just the injector and I kept the AIG folder. Worked like a charm. For some reason I installed the "base models" after that - although technically this shouldn't be necessary as AIG has way more models/liveries than FSLTL. 

i am trying that , but if i don't use FSLTL planes , it doesn't inject the AIG planes i have in community.

Do you have ingame traffic OFF /real traffic or IA?

Edited by motishow

3 minutes ago, motishow said:

i am trying that , but if i don't use FSLTL planes , it doesn't inject the AIG planes i have in community.

Do you have ingame traffic OFF /real traffic or IA?

Strange. All I did was to install the injector and run it. I made no other changes and I was actually a bit surprised that it worked so well. 

Settings: no AI traffic (live or offline), no parked aircraft, generic models off. There's also the last option on the traffic page but cannot quite remember it - something with models high quality?

Accridning to the readme of the FSLTL tTrafic injector, AIG models can be used with the FSLTL models.

FSLTL models has priority, but if the Injector cannot find the right FSLTL model, then it will use AIG models.

Problem with any Injector right now is that MSFS ATC is used for Taxi, Take Off and Landing, therefore weird happens.

On landing there are a ton of Go-Arounds on busy Airports, like EDDF.

I ahve also seen landing Aircraft disappear right after landing on the Runway.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

35 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Well, I haven't seen anything in Simple Traffic that is particularly ugly. I think ST's liveries are perfectly acceptable.

No, strange, I cant but call a Ryanair A330 lookalike "ugly". Simply because A) there is no Ryanair A330 anywhere and because the default A330 model is actually not even close to an A330. And if you dont call the A380 lookalike "ugly", then you have a rather strange definition of "ugly" 😉 No offense, but to me it remains a mistery how any aviation affine person can accept something like ST, it is so far from anything I would not even consider it if it is the absolutely only AI solution available.

Anyway, I do not see any problem running both even at the same time. Unless the one or the other programm manually places AI aircraft at certain gates without checking if already occupied or not (if at all possible), then it could lead to the issue that on certain gates, both a ST and a FSLTL aircraft is spawned on top of each other.

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, Wothan said:

Accridning to the readme of the FSLTL tTrafic injector, AIG models can be used with the FSLTL models.

FSLTL models has priority, but if the Injector cannot find the right FSLTL model, then it will use AIG models.

Problem with any Injector right now is that MSFS ATC is used for Taxi, Take Off and Landing, therefore weird happens.

On landing there are a ton of Go-Arounds on busy Airports, like EDDF.

So it seems combining FSLTL with AIG models is the best of both worlds (almost - no offline AI). But the FSLTL models seem to have a lesser fps impact (based on others reports - I haven't tested this myself). And the FSLTL models have great sound and contrails. 

5 minutes ago, Wothan said:

If that happens, it usually means either there's no free parking, or no free parking that's big enough for the aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38

If FSLTL is allowed to use AIG models, does that mean there is some cooperation going on between them? 
It would be great if they combined resources now, as we only need one system, and it seems like AIG have the most repaints, but MSLTL has the better sounds and logic.

This is certainly all going in the right direction, and if Asobo are improving their live traffic system like they say they are for SU11, it will be awesome.

I expect to see Just Flight launch their offering fairly quickly if they want to capture some sales, but it will need some extra unique selling points, and it looks like most of the bugs and AI logic are down to Asobo to fix, so I am not sure how much more JF can offer than this. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.