Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Or you can fly on VATSIM....

Orders of magnitude more immersive.

This debate has been going on for years, if not decades. Doesn’t suit most users, hence why we have addons such as these, that are now broken. 
PS this was reported in the beta around 3 weeks ago, so, no excuses…! 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

PS this was reported in the beta around 3 weeks ago, so, no excuses…! 

People actually once got on me for saying Asobos development cycle is "chaotic at best".   I stand by my statement. 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

20 minutes ago, ErichB said:

A phrase that I wish was banned on Avsim (and everywhere else for that matter)... and I actually fly on VATSIM.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

It's not that simple. Asobo change things and there is not always a way to work with those changes. FSLTL and AIG would have already been modifying the packages if it was a simple case of just updating them.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog said:

A phrase that I wish was banned on Avsim (and everywhere else for that matter)... and I actually fly on VATSIM.

For as long as I have been flightsimming , AI traffic has been a major PITA.    So it's obviously not that easy to code properly and people have been trying for years.

People love to whinge about this issue incessantly and complain about immersion killing AI, when in fact, flying with real people in an actual environment is the more realistic option.   As much as it pains you to hear people say 'fly on vatsim', it pains me more to read pages of complaints about the same old AI issues. 

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

As much as it pains you to hear people say 'fly on vatsim', it pains me more to read pages of complaints about the same old AI issues.

Then I suggest you refrain from reading/participating in threads about AI Traffic/ATC and spare us all a little bit of pain.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Orders of magnitude more immersive.

Of course, but where I fly, there's not many controllers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

31 minutes ago, Kyuss said:

Who would have guessed some 3rd party programs would need to get updated after a big sim update. Not Avsimmers, shockingly. 😂

Who would have thought an avsimmer would post a shockingly word not allowed comment such as this 👀💁‍♂️

I have tried default AI traffic, Simple Traffic, AIG, FSLTL and PSXT + RealTraffic. The only one that makes me think I am at an actual airport is PSXT+RealTraffic. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

51 minutes ago, ErichB said:

For as long as I have been flightsimming , AI traffic has been a major PITA.    So it's obviously not that easy to code properly and people have been trying for years.

People love to whinge about this issue incessantly and complain about immersion killing AI, when in fact, flying with real people in an actual environment is the more realistic option.   As much as it pains you to hear people say 'fly on vatsim', it pains me more to read pages of complaints about the same old AI issues. 

The point is the AI were better with these tools in SU10 than they are now, yet again it's a regression from Asobo that was not addressed during albeit short beta, their continuous need to break something every update is incredibly frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 11/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

It doesn't crash. But arrivals are broken. 

Do you happen to use any parameter changes/tweaks with the latest AI Tool updates?

I just have AIPlanespottingMode turned off.

Should I tweak any other values for better behavior?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The arrival/landing issues we now see was expected, but nevertheless it’s disappointing. Yes things break with SUs, it’s not something new. But for those of us that had gotten into using FSLTL on a regular basis, this feels like a setback. 

One of the FSLTL devs wrote this 4 days ago:

Confirmation from Asobo they will not be doing any further fixes regarding the issues with simconnect traffic in SU11. This will basically mean limited landings with FSLTL Injector and approach paths will be very wrong.

Disappointing but i guess nothing unexpected given the short beta timeframe and a fixed delivery date.

Apparently it’s not an easy fix

So far from an FSLTL perspective i’ve tried a number of workarounds, none of which have achieved good results. For us the use of incorrect arrival procedures and aircraft near to the airport turning and heading back to the transition point is just as impactful as altitude issues at landing. I’ve asked Asobo for guidance on workarounds after their confirmation on my dev support ticket of no further fixes in this space for SU11.

Once SU11 releases we will see what we can achieve but ultimately this needs Asobo to properly address.

46 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Do you happen to use any parameter changes/tweaks with the latest AI Tool updates?

I just have AIPlanespottingMode turned off.

Should I tweak any other values for better behavior?

I’m not familiar enough with the new updates to change the settings. Just got planespotting off for now.

I captured this video just minutes before SU11 went live:

I hope we don’t have to wait until SU12 before we can use FSLTL properly again. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I also recognized high thrust on all traffic taxiing. As they would takeoff.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

34 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The arrival/landing issues we now see was expected, but nevertheless it’s disappointing. Yes things break with SUs, it’s not something new. But for those of us that had gotten into using FSLTL on a regular basis, this feels like a setback. 

One of the FSLTL devs wrote this 4 days ago:

Apparently it’s not an easy fix

I’m not familiar enough with the new updates to change the settings. Just got planespotting off for now.

I captured this video just minutes before SU11 went live:

I hope we don’t have to wait until SU12 before we can use FSLTL properly again. 

Oh dear...😭

Looks like our past FSLTL plane spotting was fun while it lasted, now we have to wait for fixes big time.

I'll try not to look out of my cockpit window as much during taxi to avoid the depression...🤣

So I'm guessing this will delay the Just Flight Traffic addon even further until MS/Asobo fixes these core issues with AI😥

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2