Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

The other blessing of this product is that it will put pressure on Msobo to get their AI fixed.

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

55 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

That's precisely why I mentioned "one or the other". Can't have both active at the same time. Fortunately, add ons that I do not have selected are no where near my actual MSFS installation, so they won't get mixed up.

My expirence is the opposite. Having both in the community folder (linked via add on manager so it’s easy to deactivate if required) results in more models and liveries for FSLTL to choose from….I get almost no white planes using FSLTL INJECTOR with both FSLTL and AIG models active.

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

The other blessing of this product is that it will put pressure on Msobo to get their AI fixed.

We can only hope….but unfortunately I don’t see them doing any time soon. They’ve been talking about “investigating” it for two years

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

We can only hope….but unfortunately I don’t see them doing any time soon. They’ve been talking about “investigating” it for two years

Well if they're not blowing smoke and have been investigating for two years, then they should be in a position to do something now. They did do some work on AI a couple of SUs back where they fixed the no takeoff issue.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

They did do some work on AI a couple of SUs back where they fixed the no takeoff issue.

Let's give them a gold medal for it! Wooohooo! They broke it in the first place with SU5 and took forever to get it fixed. AI and ATC is an amateur hour in this platform and it's a shame that 2 years into it, they're not even in a position to throw us a bone. I'm pretty passionate about this topic, don't even get me going. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I did some more flying and testing this morning.  Still think the project is awesome.  It really needs more aircraft models especially regional jets.  There's none that I can tell.  CRJs and ERJs would be helpful for many of the regional airports would only have those.  And needs some GA models like Challengers, Embraer Phenoms/E550 etc, Citations, newer Learjets, Gulfstreams (probably hard to get those).  And then some decent props like C310/414, Pipers, Mooney etc.  The stock planes are fine but probably rough on performance.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatc said:

I did some more flying and testing this morning.  Still think the project is awesome.  It really needs more aircraft models especially regional jets.  There's none that I can tell.  CRJs and ERJs would be helpful for many of the regional airports would only have those.  And needs some GA models like Challengers, Embraer Phenoms/E550 etc, Citations, newer Learjets, Gulfstreams (probably hard to get those).  And then some decent props like C310/414, Pipers, Mooney etc.  The stock planes are fine but probably rough on performance.

If you install AIG, it'll use their models in a fallback logic. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

If you install AIG, it'll use their models in a fallback logic. 

I don't have AIG - I think I tried to get a password or username for their site but never got one.

What sort of GA traffic models does that program have?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

I'm curious to see you running MK's Dublin as since the latest update, I just get a persistent CTD about 30secs after launching a flight there? 

Sorry to hear that. I have never gotten a CTD at EIDW. I have seen a few other people comment that they also do. It's strange how it works for some and not for others.

12 hours ago, iliasr said:

...fps friendly or not ?..

Depends on the amount of AI planes you want.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I think I tried to get a password or username for their site but never got one.

You don't need one anymore for the AI manager at least.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't have AIG - I think I tried to get a password or username for their site but never got one.

You don't need it dude. All you need at minimum is the AVSIM Library login. Here: https://www.alpha-india.net/software/

Jacek G.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

You don't need one anymore for the AI manager at least.

Oh - do I need the AI manager to download new models?  If I could download new GA models and use the FSLTL that would be best I think,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Oh - do I need the AI manager to download new models?  If I could download new GA models and use the FSLTL that would be best I think,

The only GA models AIG has are private jet and corporate type ones. Like learjets and Gulfstreams.

And yeah, you can't get the models by themselves you need to install a flightplan that has them.

Edited by Tuskin38

So, correct me if i've got this wrong, this has less models and less paints than AIG and still uses the default Asobo methods for controlling AI traffic.   So apart from sounds and lights there is no advantage of using this over AIG other than "ease of use"?