Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Transferring flights from FS9 to FSX

Guest kd001

Is it possible to transfer flights, or at least flight plans, from FS9's default selection of flights to FSX? I haven't tried from fear of causing stability problems. But its a shame FSX got rid of the flights in FS9. I rather enjoyed some of them such as European Airline Pilot.Thanks for any advice.

Guest firehawk44

I transferred all of mine from FS9 to the FSX flightplan directory and they work without any problems.Jim

Regarding transferring flight plans - you can make these transfers without problems - EXCEPTThere are a large number of airport changes in FSX. There is also the problem with the day-of-the-week code in flight plans from FS9. The day has shifted one day in FSX. So, you have at least two issues you need to address with FS9-to-FSX flight plan transfers.Fortunately there is a fix. Tom Van de Veer (I think that's his name - pardon if I got it wrong) has developed a great utility to fix these two problems. You can get this utility on the PAI site - look for utilities.There is one more issue - traffic percentage. Most FS9 flight plans used a technique of (I think) 10% traffic percentage for ALL flight plans. Some people have said that this is wrong for FSX. Some people say the percentage should be varied throughout a plan. Personally, I made the decision to ignore this issue for the present - or at least until flight planning settles down and we get more tools for use with FSX and maybe even Vista. Time will tell.I hope this helpsFrank