Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have now uninstalled it.. does that answer your question? 😉

(Living on Vancouver Island)

uninstalling won't fix the elevation issues.

32 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Quite frankly the CN tower needs to be a handcrafted POI rather than photogrammetry based (given all the other less important POIs they do).  Well, good that we have better DEM data especially around the west and northwest of Canada, but if Toronto is a downgrade from pre-WU11 then I guess it's a skip for me until some of these more glaring issues are fixed. @abrams_tank would you say Vancouver overall is a downgrade from pre-WU11 too, or better than before but not as good as Edmonton PG wise?

Still grateful this is all given to us for  free, and thankfully world updates are optional.

Deleted the photogrammetry folder for now. Will revisit in the future. Not sure who makes the selection for handcrafted POIs but you would think that the CN Tower would make the list for the Canada update.

• Like 5

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Having downloaded the 6.4 gb update, the support and release notes page is blank and I don't seem to have anything additional in the content manager.  Seems odd as all the other world updates are there except canada.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hehe yeah tons of mesh "buttes" even in the sticks.  Headed north from Bonners Ferry 65S to Kootenay CYCG to check out the new airport... literally as soon as I've cross the border tons of mesh problems.

I get they cannot check every area but maybe just zoom around at 8x speed near your new airports to check before release?

(mesh problems here next to CAJ3 and 1S1 airports)

52393628703_6d897c887f_k.jpgCAJ3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

In some areas it is really great, like near Nelson CZNL - the roads cut through the terrain well enough

52393193256_0eb5599deb_k.jpgnelson by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

You Canucks have greeted me with regular Fall weather lol

52393369149_9aefc88f7d_k.jpgkoootenay by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 minutes ago, Doering said:

Deleted the photogrammetry folder for now. Will revisit in the future. Not sure who makes the selection for handcrafted POIs but you would think that the CN Tower would make the list for the Canada update.

To be fair, I also checked out the Calgary Tower. It looks just as bad as the CN Tower 🤣

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

uninstalling won't fix the elevation issues.

I have reenabled the freeware mesh.. and so far, so good..

Bert

For those who love to visit Canada and hunt for location at the same time. I have created this mod with add Canadian famous filming location across Canada. The changelog contains hints where you should look for them

https://flightsim.to/file/41043/famous-movies-filming-location-point-of-interest

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

let it snow, let it snow, but please not this flickering DLSS snow on the grass. still some steep learning super sampling required for DLSS. will be interesting to see how DLSS 3.0 will handle this.

CYBD Bella Coola, WU11 Canada and SU 10 beta, DX12, old fashioned  Nvidia RTX3090, latest game driver. it is not snowing, it is just snow covered grass.

DLSS - so called "quality":

spacer.png

TAA:

spacer.png

TAA snow:

spacer.png

DLSS snow:

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have reenabled the freeware mesh.. and so far, so good..

Do you know where I can get it?

PG in Vancouver and Toronto was horrendous,   London(UK) levels of apocalyptic hell.    Not impressed at all with what I've seen so far.  It's getting deleted.

Lot's of elevation issues as well. I'm re-enabling the freeware mesh for BC/Vancouver Island.

Bit of a fail to say the least.   They clearly need to put WU's in public beta as well as SU's.

• Like 4