Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

55 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Be fair, they look so similar!🤪

Sit in the box for 2 minutes and feel shame!😉

Tweeet (yellow card) !

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This is weird,

This morning I fired up the sim and there was an update, after fully loading I went to content manager and no world update. Just fired the sim up again (7:30pm Toronto Time) and still nothing

I wonder if I upset Asobo ☹️

Oh what a dumb word not allowed, the update is in the marketplace not content manager lol

It's been a long week 

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Barnes said:

Glad to see that the awful green tint is gone from the area immediately surrounding CYYC. It was a bit of a buzz kill on short finals.

Its been pushed out to the city limits, which still looks like word not allowed when approaching from the north. Pretty dissapointing for a world update.

2 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

This is weird,

This morning I fired up the sim and there was an update, after fully loading I went to content manager and no world update. Just fired the sim up again (7:30pm Toronto Time) and still nothing

I wonder if I upset Asobo ☹️

You still need to download it from the market place first

1 minute ago, Garys said:

You still need to download it from the market place first

I realized that minutes after posting, hence why I called myself a dumb ...... lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

8 minutes ago, Garys said:

Its been pushed out to the city limits, which still looks like word not allowed when approaching from the north. Pretty dissapointing for a world update.

You’re right. Here’s hoping for northerly winds.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Just did a flight around Vancouver Island (CYAZ-CYVR). I didn't see any mesh anomalies. But Vancouver is an ugly word not allowed! Such a pity that they couldn't find better photogrammetry - the whole CBD is a mess. Objects floating in the air, wonky highways going into the city, terrible bridges and the whole harbour area is just... 🤐 I think Vancouver sadly is at the very top of the list when it comes to the worst PG cities in MSFS. 

DyXehpA.jpg

RlHQaGU.jpg

EDIT: I'm open for the possibility of a server issue preventing PG from loading properly. If it's not though - I feel sorry on behalf of all simmers from Vancouver 😖

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

It's almost as if they're leaving space for Orbx to improve the scenery. 🤔

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Yeah Toronto is really bad as well, and it was pretty great before. Either this is a server issue ... or else they have genuinely delivered the worst world update yet. I guess we'll know in a day or two as server traffic goes back down to normal. 

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

The Oilers will beat the Canucks in hockey this year too, by the way.

I think they also need to model Jack Michaels calling Oilers games, that would be epic! They should also add McDavid & Draisaitl walking into Rogers Place! Thank God hockey is almost back! 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I highly recommend the Toronto enhancement package from Roman design. It's free. He's got other sightseeing packs too e.g. Niagara Falls. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Many of these city shots remind me of the movie "INCEPTION". I certainly do hope the poor PG is the reason. 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

8 hours ago, John Fields said:

The bug is visible from the Bella Coola Airport runway looking to the east. This is not a mesh error in a very remote area, but very close to the airport itself. Bella Coola Airport is new to Asobo for World Update XI. So how come they haven't noticed?

The only solution to salvage this airport while keeping the rest of WU intact is to remove just the 'Bella' airport from the WU sub-list in the content manager, and then buy the marketplace Orbx CYBD as a stand alone.

Edited by Eclex
  • Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I only had time to install and have a quick jaunt around CYCW (why no custom airport?!😩) but I immediately noticed in the update a lot of my settings had been altered, including many terrain detail ones being lowered.

Maybe good to go back and see if this is contributing to poor quality terrain/PG?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea