Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Autostarting Apps with the sim

I built a new box over the last weekend and instantly noticed all sorts of weirdness running things on the new hardware, so I nuked the sim and Windows. I used to be able to get FSUIPC and FSRealistic auto started when I fired up the sim's exe, but it isn't happening anymore. The auto start in FSR is enabled, not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

I built a new box over the last weekend and instantly noticed all sorts of weirdness running things on the new hardware, so I nuked the sim and Windows. I used to be able to get FSUIPC and FSRealistic auto started when I fired up the sim's exe, but it isn't happening anymore. The auto start in FSR is enabled, not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Check if you have it in the exe.xml or use Addons Linker auto-launch option (in options, additional options).

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

If you start as admin they will load. I had the same issue, some add-ons where opening and some didn't (configured in FSUIPC). Right click on MSFS icon Run as Administartor. Be aware that if you are buying from the marketplace you should not run as admin.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

33 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Be aware that if you are buying from the marketplace you should not run as admin.

Why‘s that?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, DAD said:

Why‘s that?

It didn't allow me to buy anything from marketplace, it triggered an error when pressing buy button and it rejects the operation cancelling it. At least to me it did, until I opened the sim with no admin rights.

Sergio Naiberg

The other way to do it is right a little command line batch file that uses "call" to start apps and then return control to the script to move onto the next one.