Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Cockspur C510 Mustang OUT NOW!

I've been a part of the Beta team on this bird for the last few months and I really think all of you will enjoy this! 

Out Now, Go have some fun!

https://cockspur.eu/product/cockspur-c510-mustang

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

I'm not that brave. Anyone that wants to jump ahead in line, go ahead.

Exterior and passenger area look nice but I'd really like to see the cockpit textures and whether it's Virtualcol or Realair. Would also like to look at the Extensive documentation before purchase. No offense, but I've never heard of Cockspur so have no idea of what to expect.

• Like 4

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Same here like to see some feedback before I purchase if it's not similar quality to hjet no point

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Yea, me too. Who will be the brave one to try and report back? 

I am really only interested if it is a fairly high-fidelity aircraft. Otherwise, I am happy with the Honda Jet.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Just bought it.

AvAngel highly recommends, good enough for me...

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

The cockspur crew are made up of 2 guys who spend most of their time assisting other developers afaik. They took this project on as their own little baby. So it should be high quality. Anyway their is plenty of videos to see the qiality.

9 minutes ago, 177B said:

Just bought it.

AvAngel highly recommends, good enough for me...

Please come back and give us your first impressions.

• Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I love the aesthetic of the plane and since it uses the G1000NXi it's a plus for me, but I'm waiting on feedback regarding the package as whole before buying.

I got is as well, but didn’t have a chance to explore much. First impressions are texture are ok, circuit breakers not modeled , G1000nxi is standard, no wx radar, FMC keypad inop, no manual 

As many suspected it is sub par to HJET in nearly all aspects from the start. Will see later how it flies 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I got is as well, but didn’t have a chance to explore much. First impressions are texture are ok, circuit breakers not modeled , G1000nxi is standard, no wx radar, FMC keypad inop, no manual 

As many suspected it is sub par to HJET in nearly all aspects from the start. Will see later how it flies 

Didn't WT just only recently open up the G1000 NXi avionics framework?  So the devs may have to code a few things with the new version.

As for the jet....  ooooh I am so weak when it comes to bizjets lol.  Maybe I'll pick it up.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatc said:

Didn't WT just only recently open up the G1000 NXi avionics framework?  So the devs may have to code a few things with the new version.

I was hoping so, but G1000NXi exactly the same as in Kodiak. The only difference is in logo on load up.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Calling @Gregg_Seipp - Mustang fan hehe

Is this up to your standards?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd hold off on this - just in a couple of minutes I've spotted some very odd texture issues that makes the cockpit lettering unreadable without zooming in and that the clickspot on the throttle handles to move them in and out of cut-off can be activated no matter the throttle position.

There IS a 31 page manual though it's in the cockspur-aircraft-c510\Resources\Documentation directory (though it doesn't contain much that's useful other than the checklists and some weirdly ropey cockpit layout diagrams - not even the performance tables from the PoH)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

Very easy to fly. Feels very solid.

Looks great, works with AirManager just fine. Even the 1000's work very smoothly.

AP works perfectly at least on my first CYUL - CYQB flight. Though I hand flew about 80% it just flies so nicely by hand. Easy to land as well.

I can tell this will be a favorite for quick hops both VFR and IFR.

Gets my 🤙🤙.

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

39 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'd hold off on this - just in a couple of minutes I've spotted some very odd texture issues that makes the cockpit lettering unreadable without zooming in and that the clickspot on the throttle handles to move them in and out of cut-off can be activated no matter the throttle position.

There IS a 31 page manual though it's in the cockspur-aircraft-c510\Resources\Documentation directory (though it doesn't contain much that's useful other than the checklists and some weirdly ropey cockpit layout diagrams - not even the performance tables from the PoH)

They can't include those due to licensing with Textron.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |