Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alaska

Insufficient Parking at Airports after latest update

Recommended Posts

Good Day,

 

After the update to 32.1.1 my payware airports now get a insufficient parking notification on the bottom of my screen. Never had an issue before this update. KLAS by flytampa had tons of static and live traffic and no issues with parking. Can you please look into this?

 

Thank You,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alaska said:

get a insufficient parking notification on the bottom of my screen

What exactly do you mean? I dont  understand...What is a "insufficient parking notification"?

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiek said:

What exactly do you mean? I dont  understand...What is a "insufficient parking notification"?

It's a message on your software PXST When trying to set static traffic - On a site note I purchased a year access to  real traffic and while it's pretty on point Im not liking the jittery, stuttery motion of aicraft in motion. It makes it look like the sim has lag and stuttering

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

On the bottom of your interface it says insufficient parking at this airport at this day and time. I did not have this before the current update. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get this error message as well. I just installed today and got that message when turning up the traffic percentage at KDEN (first airport intried; others have the same error). Despite the XML file showing 200+ parking spots, the program threw up the message after about 68 aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

That is not an error message (they are in red).

It is a (new) message that tells you how "good" (learned) the airport file is.

Ideally there are sufficient real parking options for the actual day and hour. If so it will tell you, if not it will also tell you...

In the case that there are not sufficient options for the day and hour it will take hours around the current hour or from other days. That mechanism has always been there and is described in the Manual.

Do note that even if you have 200+ options in the airport file, it will often be the case that there are several for the same parking position, so maybe not enough to fit with the wanted parking percentage. Then let PSXT or PSXT_Learner continue adding more options, let it learn... or lower the parking percentage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dvflight said:

On a site note I purchased a year access to  real traffic and while it's pretty on point Im not liking the jittery, stuttery motion of aicraft in motion.

I recommend in the Quick Start Guide and at my web site to buy a one month license (first)....

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

That is not an error message (they are in red).

It is a (new) message that tells you how "good" (learned) the airport file is.

Ideally there are sufficient real parking options for the actual day and hour. If so it will tell you, if not it will also tell you...

In the case that there are not sufficient options for the day and hour it will take hours around the current hour or from other days. That mechanism has always been there and is described in the Manual.

Do note that even if you have 200+ options in the airport file, it will often be the case that there are several for the same parking position, so maybe not enough to fit with the wanted parking percentage. Then let PSXT or PSXT_Learner continue adding more options, let it learn... or lower the parking percentage.

 

 

Thank you for the quick and clear response. I just started using the program yesterday and I have read the manual, twice, and still have a question with respect to learning:

What is the optimal strategy for learning? Since the Learner can run in the background, what do you suggest as the minimum amount of time running it for a single airport? Since it can have a string of airport codes (that is not unlimited), do you recommend that approach or better to focus on one airport for a certain time? What do you find works best?

I got the professional license and know I can learn my destination airport while flying, but do I need to open the Learner to do so (after having started PSXT_MSFS), or will PSXT_MSFS do that itself?

One last question: If you want to time shift  so that it's a "better" time to fly somewhere, can you do so by shifting the offset in RealTraffic (I can't find a manual for it anywhere)?

Thank you so much. I love the experience and find that the jittery/stuttery motion is far outweighed by the benefits of having truly realtime traffic.

 

Edited by mmcmah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mmcmah said:

What is the optimal strategy for learning? 

 do I need to open the Learner to do so 

 can you do so by shifting the offset in RealTraffic (I can't find a manual for it anywhere)

 

The best strategy depends on what you want to achieve. If you only fly at part of a day or even only in the weekends, you should let Learn these hours and days only.. 

If you fly all days all hours you must run 7 days in a row for 24 hours.

If you want to learn more airports at once i recommend to use 3 or4 airports with 15 minutes duration.  

Learning destination is described in section 9.3 of the manual; start PSXT, tick learn destination, type a destination airport and the start PSXT_Learner, that's all.

Yes you do the timeshift in RT, PSXT will automatically follow.

Note that if you want to let PSXT learn just the hours from say 17:00 to 21:00 but for every day if the week, you do not have to do all of that in real time so it takes 7 days, learn one day, time shift, learn another day, time shift and so on.. 

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent suggestions and advice. Thank you.

You are absolutely correct that 10.3 in the manual indicates the correct process. I don't know how I missed that part to start the Learner.

Thank you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the explanation. This is most appreciated.

 

Best,

 

Anthony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...