Sign in to follow this  
jeffhunter

Minimizing FSX

Guest ct8402

I am having a problem minimizing FSX. It doesn't seem to "come back" after minimizing the screen (to start another program), or when I use alt+enter to go to non-full-screen, FSX won't go back to full-screen. Any ideas?Thanks

when you try to go back to full screen, hit esc. A dialog will open asking whether you want to end the flight or keep flying. click "keep flying", and you can keep flying :)regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Escape works fine but continuing a flight just presents a black screen; forever. Going to the task manager, right clicking on FSX (Applications running) and selecting "bring to front" sometimes works. This is one of the worst "undocumented features" of FSX. Once I'm in a flight I dare not Alt-Tab or loose the entire flight. The only way I can use ASX and RC4 is with a client. Bob...

Hi,try ensuring that you have the full-screen resolution the same as the desktop. This cured the same issue for me (usually after having FSX nake a new .cfg, I normally use windowed mode)Bruce.

Guest ct8402

Thanks Jim, I tried that, and it locked trying to go to the full window.

Guest ct8402

Hi Jeff, your solution worked, but only after doing it twice, then hitting "esc" pretty much by mistake, then FSX restarted. From "Bob"'s post here, seems like this is an ongoing problem.

Guest ct8402

Hi Bruce, FSX full and windowed screen are the same as the desktop.

I've not had Bob's experience - using esc works for me every time.I do agree that it's highly annoying, especially when using ASX or there's a need to download some charts - or do some work!cheers,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest ct8402

I am also concerned that my video card may be in need of upgrading. It's a 256MB GeForce card. Would this have an effect with the minimizing problem?

Guest PhilC

I don't think it has any effect. It does it with my ATI x1950 XTX 512 Mb card too. I think it is a bug in FSX. I haven't found any actions that are 100% reliable in restoring the minimized FSX. I am monitoring this thread in case a definitive answer is found. ;)

Guest ct8402

Who would we contact at Microsoft with this issue?

>Who would we contact at Microsoft with this issue?Hi,The only way to go is, when you want to go out of FSX, use the "alt" and then run FSX in window mode. This will then show the half size desktop and other icons or programs. Never never use the "alt + tab" key to minimize FSX. Thnx,Gus

This is the only bug i asked in this forum for Microsoft to fix in SP1 (i even told Phil Taylor in a couple of his posts), but they didn't do anything about it. Maybe they had some more important things to do. Thats's why we can't run programs like FS Commander unless we have a second monitor. A couple of developers told me "maybe" Microsoft was going to fix it in SP1, but they didn't. I wonder why.I always do like Gus said, i think it's the only workaround.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Toni Rauch

I started a similar discussion on this problem here a few days ago.The issue with me is that FSX minimises into the bottom taskbar 'automatically' if another program is trying to grab my attention - after that, I can't get FSX to maximise back to life again.This really is a very annoying bug. I hope MS or ACES can nail it soon!Toni.