Sign in to follow this  
jeffhunter

Minimizing FSX

Guest ct8402

For those of you that are monitoring this thread: I emailed Phil Taylor on this one.

Guest Maverick2006

>For those of you that are monitoring this thread: I emailed>Phil Taylor on this one.Oh, I can't wait to read the answer.Patric

Actually we already have it. From the FSX readme with the install:

Guest Toni Rauch

That's crazy if FSX has minimised 'automatically' due to some other program in the background.I guess I can understand if you minimise FSX yourself - that's your choice/risk. But if it happens without your control.......?Whatever way you look at it, it's a bug and should surely get fixed. Having to exit and restart FSX is a cop-out.Toni.

How does exiting correct the behavior?:-xxrotflmaoWhat I do to restore when it gets stuck is Ctrl-alt-delete, double click on FSX in the applications tab and it pops right up. Is this the same issue?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Yes it is the same issue. And most of the time nothing works for me except exiting and restarting; which sucks ACES. As I stated earlier it is the worst "bug" in FSX. Either ACES is incapable of fixing it; can't figure out what is causing it or has no interest in fixing it. ** See note below:If they know the reason and can't fix it then it is definitely related to Gauge licenses. If they do not want to fix it, then it is an overt effort to stamp out third party programs requiring access during flight. If they can't figure it out; well, I don't believe that. *Please note I do not have a clue what what ACES reasons are for allowing the bug to live. I only mentioned gauge licenses because they are a solution without a problem and waste disk space. The other stuff in the hopes someone from ACES would correct me with the facts. :)

I also would like to know why they avoid touching this subject. It already was mentioned in other topics, Aces saw it but never gave us an answer...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Uhhh, make that every time but the last one. After four hours flying, I get a black screen in FSX after I alt-tabbed to ASX at the TOD and I couldn't get it back!! Karma maybe?Jeff

Jeff Hunter