Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Positive results with DX12(Beta) and the new Game Driver

Very smooth animation at 30 FPS,  and my GTX 1070 card is using 1.54 GB's more of its memory than when running DX11.

I've had no artifacts, and all is running very, very well.  The main 'take away' for running my MSFS/System using DX12 and the new nVidia GameReady driver is the best animation smoothness than ever than when running under DX11 since purchase.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 9

My experience with the new studio driver has also been positive with DX12 though I feel that TAA is still better than DLSS Quality with hardly any difference in FPS.

Some objects are showing up like a grid mesh, but I'm guessing that perhaps these objects might not be DX12 compatible.

TBH I've not even tried DX11 since SU10.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

5 hours ago, cianpars said:

My experience with the new studio driver has also been positive with DX12 though I feel that TAA is still better than DLSS Quality with hardly any difference in FPS.

Some objects are showing up like a grid mesh, but I'm guessing that perhaps these objects might not be DX12 compatible.

TBH I've not even tried DX11 since SU10.

Tip:  Set SHARPENING in the USER.opt to 0....(off) and you will get much better graphics with a lot of user's hatch and rough graphics cleaned up.   It was turned to on,  when everybody updated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Tip:  Set SHARPENING in the USER.opt to 0....(off) and you will get much better graphics with a lot of user's hatch and rough graphics cleaned up.   It was turned to on,  when everybody updated.

Thanks for the tip .

mike

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

With DLSS Quality or which setting?

10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Thanks for the tip, Mitch! Did not know it was turned on when I updated.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Tip:  Set SHARPENING in the USER.opt to 0....(off) and you will get much better graphics

Which sharpening setting would that be in usercfg.opt, please? (There are a few settings referring to sharpening, hence my question).

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

9 hours ago, mobiel said:

With DLSS Quality or which setting?

With any setting.  You simply will get better and 'smoother' graphics visuals.

5 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

Thanks for the tip, Mitch! Did not know it was turned on when I updated.

It seems it resets with every and any update. That is the first I check, out of dropping to Desktop after an update.

5 hours ago, hvw said:

Which sharpening setting would that be in usercfg.opt, please? (There are a few settings referring to sharpening, hence my question).

In the POST PROCESS section.   There is one there for SHARPENING that you would set to 0.

There is ALSO, another one in the POST PROCESS section father down below for those that run VR.   If you do, I guess you'd want to set that one to 0 as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It seems it resets with every and any update

You should set Preset to "custom"

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

17 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

In the POST PROCESS section.   There is one there for SHARPENING that you would set to 0.

OK, thanks for this information.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

OK, thanks for this information.

How that sharpening setting at the usercfg.opt interacts with the ingame AMD sharpening option  ?

1 hour ago, solito said:

How that sharpening setting at the usercfg.opt interacts with the ingame AMD sharpening option  ?

Being that is new...I'm not sure, but only after I turned Sharpening off, did I get back great and visually appealing graphics.

• Like 1

Gomez Adams ruining my visuals 😕

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.