Sign in to follow this  
ABE

AI aircraft from FS2004 to FSX - Reggie Fields

I installed my own FS2004 TRAFFIC file in FSX and I referred to the AI aircrafts that are in FS2004. It works great!!I am thinking about moving those aircrafts to the FSX folder.What are the minimum files of each aircraft that I can copy to the FSX folder? And what would be the best path to consider?Thanks.Abe

Regarding the limit of files - there is none. I installed my entire FS9 AI environment into FSX without any problems. In my case that is over 7,000 texture sets, 1,500 *.bgl flight plans, and over 400 aircraft types (some are the same aircraft but different developer).Regarding management - that is a personal choice. I chose the following:C:FSXSimObjectsAI{a folder for each developer - AIA, FSP, JBAI, etc)I set this up in this manner because I find it easier to address my AI aircraft by developer. You can set it up any way you choose. WARNING: Make sure you place the pointer entries into the FSX.cfg file so FSX will know where you put your files.Here is what mine looks like:{Main}User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAIAFXSimObjectPaths.7=SimObjectsAIAIASimObjectPaths.8=SimObjectsAIANZSimObjectPaths.9=SimObjectsAIBINSimObjectPaths.10=SimObjectsAIBROSimObjectPaths.11=SimObjectsAIBUCSimObjectPaths.12=SimObjectsAICASSimObjectPaths.13=SimObjectsAICDAISimObjectPaths.14=SimObjectsAICROSimObjectPaths.15=SimObjectsAIDAYSimObjectPaths.16=SimObjectsAIDEFSimObjectPaths.17=SimObjectsAIDJCSimObjectPaths.18=SimObjectsAIDOMSimObjectPaths.19=SimObjectsAIDWSimObjectPaths.20=SimObjectsAIEVOLSimObjectPaths.21=SimObjectsAIFLOATSimObjectPaths.22=SimObjectsAIFRASimObjectPaths.23=SimObjectsAIFSPSimObjectPaths.24=SimObjectsAIGIBSimObjectPaths.25=SimObjectsAIGRESimObjectPaths.26=SimObjectsAIGULSimObjectPaths.27=SimObjectsAIHELISimObjectPaths.28=SimObjectsAIHILSimObjectPaths.29=SimObjectsAIHJGSimObjectPaths.30=SimObjectsAIHOYSimObjectPaths.31=SimObjectsAIJBSSimObjectPaths.32=SimObjectsAIKUHSimObjectPaths.33=SimObjectsAIKUVSimObjectPaths.34=SimObjectsAIMARSimObjectPaths.35=SimObjectsAINARSimObjectPaths.36=SimObjectsAINOVSimObjectPaths.37=SimObjectsAIPAISimObjectPaths.38=SimObjectsAIPEPSimObjectPaths.39=SimObjectsAIPIPSimObjectPaths.40=SimObjectsAIPRESimObjectPaths.41=SimObjectsAIPTPSimObjectPaths.42=SimObjectsAIRUSSimObjectPaths.43=SimObjectsAISCHSimObjectPaths.44=SimObjectsAISFDSimObjectPaths.45=SimObjectsAISTOSimObjectPaths.46=SimObjectsAITACSimObjectPaths.47=SimObjectsAITENSimObjectPaths.48=SimObjectsAITUSimObjectPaths.49=SimObjectsAIUNKSimObjectPaths.50=SimObjectsAIVERSimObjectPaths.51=SimObjectsAIWALSimObjectPaths.52=SimObjectsAIWYKSimObjectPaths.53=SimObjectsAircraftFrank

Thanks Frank.I also wanted to find out the MINIMUM of the components(folders) of each aircraft needed. (I am using REGULAR aircrafts also, not just AI) Such as the TEXTURE folder and whatever else. Probably the PANEL folder won't be needed.Abe

Model and Texture foldersAircraft.cfg and air filesYou do NOT want a panel folder with a panel.cfg file because that will make the aircraft appear in the Select Aircraft windows.Light map files merit special consideration.Thanks to SP1 - the light maps on most AI now work. Putting the _L.bmp texture in the folder with the main texture works - but it's more efficient from a file space and a memory usage aspect to use one texture for all the AI aircraft of the model.To do so, you need a texture.cfg to point to the folder longing the lightmaps for the model.I don't separate my AI aircraft as much as Frank, but do have them in different folders than flyable aircraft.Under an AI aircraft - I have a texture folder with no extension with the most common lightmap for that aircraft - normally the PAX light map.Then I have a texture.cfg in each texture folder with only one entry - the first line from the texture.cfg of the default FSX aircraft will work fine.fallback.1=..textureReplace the <> with square brackets.

Thanks Reggie.I do not think that I will be saving much space since the texture folders are a HUGE chunk of the total of all files. I am going to leave the reference as is, namely reading the AIRCRAFT folder which I will leave in FS2004 as is. It is less complicated and IS EFFICIENT.Abe