Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Local legend 7 Cessna 195

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I like the old 1940's rounded tip wings. This plane ceased production 1954.

I like the old 1940's rounded tip wings. This plane ceased production 1954.

General characteristics

Crew: one

Capacity: four passengers

Length: 27 ft 4 in (8.33 m)

Wingspan: 36 ft 2 in (11.02 m)

Height: 7 ft 2 in (2.18 m)

Empty weight: 2,100 lb (953 kg)

Gross weight: 3,350 lb (1,520 kg)

Fuel capacity: 75 US gallons (280 l; 62 imp gal)

Powerplant: 1 × Jacobs R-755 radial engine, 300 hp (220 kW)

Propellers: 2-bladed Hamilton Standard constant speed propeller

Performance

Maximum speed: 178 mph (286 km/h, 155 kn) [4]

Cruise speed: 170 mph (270 km/h, 150 kn) at 70% power

Stall speed: 62 mph (100 km/h, 54 kn) power off, flaps 45°

Never exceed speed: 200 mph (320 km/h, 170 kn) [4]

Range: 800 mi (1,300 km, 700 nmi) at 70% power

Service ceiling: 18,300 ft (5,600 m)

Rate of climb: 1,200 ft/min (6.1 m/s)

Wing loading: 15.36 lb/sq ft (75.0 kg/m2)

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

• Like 1

I think they should have released the Milviz Beaver with WU Canada & put the C195 in the 40th Anniversary collection.

T45

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

think they should have released the Milviz Beaver with WU Canada & put the C195 in the 40th Anniversary collection.

Since the "local legends" are optional payware aircraft, and the 40th Anniversary is free, I respectfully disagree...

• Like 4

I agree with Avangel on this one. I fail to see the connection between this business version of the c195 and Canada per se.

Looks an OK purchase TBO but it is an odd one to be bundling with the Canadian World Update.  Surely something more floatplane or bush plane would have fitted better.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

7 hours ago, gunther said:

Since the "local legends" are optional payware aircraft, and the 40th Anniversary is free, I respectfully disagree...

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement 😁, being a free addon is usually indicative of lower quality, so the decision to not put it up for the Canadian Local Legend probably has something to do with it not coming up to expectations.

As a Beaver fan this disappoints me.

Agree that the decision to use the Cessna instead is very odd, but looking back the whole Local Legend series seems full of odd choices whilst ignoring many true legends of the countries concerned, I imagine more to do with what Asobo has available via external Devs than 'the best choice'

Edited by Pathfinder633
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

I respectfully disagree, being a free addon is usually indicative of lower quality, so the decision to not put it up for the Canadian Local Legend probably has something to do with it not coming up to expectations.

Since the Beaver is from Milviz I will argue that one...

Having said that, the whole "local legend/famous flyers" lineup as of late appears to be just a means of getting Carenado's stale FSX/P3D back catalog into MSFS. Probably not much effort, but good money spinners for MS/Carenado I'm sure. Whatevs, good luck to them. I won't be interested until the long promised ATS An-2 makes an appearance.

Since the Beaver is from Milviz I will argue that one...

Milviz, already said the Beaver wouldnt be "C 310 Quality" when they announced selling it to Asobo.

15 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Milviz, already said the Beaver wouldnt be "C 310 Quality" when they announced selling it to Asobo.

None of the local legends/famous flyers come anywhere near MV C310 quality. Why would a Beaver released alongside WU11 have? And which developer? Carenado? Personally I'd rather get a free non-310-quality Milviz Beaver with the 40th Anniversary update than a Carenado-study-level C195, especially since as a "default" aircraft the Beaver files should be open to modders.

1 hour ago, Pathfinder633 said:

being a free addon is usually indicative of lower quality

Don't mention this in front of FBW! Or, for that matter, any of the hundreds of devs that create all manner of great airports, ancillaries and aircraft for free.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

Don't mention this in front of FBW! Or, for that matter, any of the hundreds of devs that create all manner of great airports, ancillaries and aircraft for free.

Apologies, I perhaps wasnt clear I meant Free addons published by Asobo, not 3rd parties, some of which I agree do excellent work

PS, Is that your Robin?, I share a hangar with 2 DR400s an enduring design

Edited by Pathfinder633
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gunther said:

None of the local legends/famous flyers come anywhere near MV C310 quality. Why would a Beaver released alongside WU11 have? And which developer? Carenado? Personally I'd rather get a free non-310-quality Milviz Beaver with the 40th Anniversary update than a Carenado-study-level C195, especially since as a "default" aircraft the Beaver files should be open to modders.

Not sure why you are bringing up study level carenado hyperbole, but let me put it in simple terms, Free stuff from Asobo is usually IMO of lesser quality than their paid for add ons. If you think otherwise then we disagree

10 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

I think they should have released the Milviz Beaver with WU Canada & put the C195 in the 40th Anniversary collection.

T45

Honestly they should have just released the C195 as Famous Flyer.

• Like 1

Anyone purchased it?
I understand there is no AP, but will it respond to the basic keyboard AP commands such as "Z", AP On/Off, & Ctrl + A [ALT HLD] &

Ctrl +  H, [HDG HLD]

Handy for the long flights, curious whether they allowed for that.

T45

Edited by Treetops45