Sign in to follow this  
january

Activation/1722 error nightmare

This has happened to me 6 times since getting fsx:The sim crashes at some point during loading requiring a ctrl/alt/delete to get out of it.On the next boot- I get:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174754.jpgI try the repair option from the install disks-the repair fails and says I must reinstall.I uninstall everything, then reinstall the sim. It gets all the way to the end of the install-then states there is a 1722 error.I search the web, and download the program to fix this from Ms.Only trouble is today after doing this I get a "failed to delete the token store" error-H result 80004005.Now I have no idea where to go. This is really frustrating, takes hours, and not to mention reinstalling all the add ins a pain.If anyone has any help I'd appreciate it.Thanks!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Have you tried running the error 1722 tool right away, skipping the repair and reinstallation steps? It's only happened to me once, at which time I did just the repair (no reinstall). It still didn't start (like you), and then I ran the error 1722 tool, and everything has been fine since. I'm thinking I didn't even have to go through the repair.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Good ole MS anti-piracy BS :-roll :-erks

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Right on! All these activation problems are a big turn off for those of us who are yet to embrace FSX. Why MS continues to make life difficult for its long suffering customers is just beyond me.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

While I won't dispute the annoyance level, how is MS's activation any more onerous than the "internet activation required" protection built into most payware aircraft and add-ons these days? At least, with MS, they will generally listen to complaints about such problems and come up with a fix, while I expect the response from many such payware companies would be "that's your tough luck -- either re-purchase our product, or do without."

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

>While I won't dispute the annoyance level, how is MS's>activation any more onerous than the "internet activation>required" protection built into most payware aircraft and>add-ons these days? At least, with MS, they will generally>listen to complaints about such problems and come up with a>fix, while I expect the response from many such payware>companies would be "that's your tough luck -- either>re-purchase our product, or do without.">I have not found that to be the case. In the few instances where I have had problems, the company helped me rather quickly. Even FSD, whom everybody loves to jump on, when I had problems they worked with me. I didn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The activation and copy protection is annoying-it would be nice if we lived in a world where that was not needed-but it seems we do not.In any case-if anyone has any help I'd appreciate it-as I can now not get the program to reinstall no matter what I do.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Another case where pirates have it easier then legal customers.As far as I know FS-X RTM was cracked before it even was available in stores. Must be the same for SP1I am in no way promoting piracy but its rediculous that paying customers get al these activation troubles for a badly thought out protection scheme that doesn't work in the first place.Casual players can just install FS-X from a legal owner its unlikely they ever use it more than 1/2 an hour at a time. Pirates use the crack so they aren't bothered by the activation which leave just us the legal paying custommert to suffer this treatment.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

I've had this once, I uninstalled and then deleted my trusted store as instructed in one Microsoft knowledge base article. Too bad, this also killed my activation of other microsoft product (Visual Studio 2005 Express).I am a bit miffed about all this activation bingo.

>how is MS's>activation any more onerous than the "internet activation>required" protection built into most payware aircraft and>add-ons these days? It's more onerous because it is buggy.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>In any case-if anyone has any help I'd appreciate it-as I can>now not get the program to reinstall no matter what I do.>Can't you call Microsoft, and they can give you a new activation code, and you can go from there?I was lucky, when the 1722 error hit me, I still had one "free" activation left. If it happens again (or should I say, 'when' it happens again), I will be in the same boat as you Geof.Be very careful about applying the 1722 "fix". I did that, and destroyed my XP installation. Apparently it deleted the Trusted Store for the OS as well, and undoubtedly something else as the OS was then unbootable. At any rate, I had to return to last known good config to get the OS back up. That was a close call.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest UlfB

Geofa,I was hit by the same problem yesterday. Product activation error and then installer error 1722 when trying to run a repair install. Very frustrating. There's tons of posts and info on this problem with FSX if you google. Some advice work for some people and not for other. The amount of time that I need to spend on trying out different approaches to resolve this problem and reinstall add-ons from Eaglesoft, Flight1, FSD, Cloud9, ScenerySolutions, HiFi, FSGenesis, FSAddon, Aerosoft, MegaScenery and so on, feels just too much just now. I'll give it a rest for a couple of days and study some of the advice:1. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9280802. Deleting all fonts installed by FSX prior to performing an install. I haven't got an url to that tip.I could also revert my computer to a restore point from some time last week, but this will result in some other problems that need to be taken care of.It's sad that MS haven't gathered data about this issue and posted a comprehensive instruction on how to deal with it. For now we have to search and study all posts OT and try to manually remove any trace of what the installer originally did do to our system.SolarEagle, if you read this I would appreciate any feedback you could give us on how you got FSX up and running again ;-)Ulf B :-)

>>>>In any case-if anyone has any help I'd appreciate it-as I>can>>now not get the program to reinstall no matter what I do.>>>>Can't you call Microsoft, and they can give you a new>activation code, and you can go from there?>>I was lucky, when the 1722 error hit me, I still had one>"free" activation left. If it happens again (or should I say,>'when' it happens again), I will be in the same boat as you>Geof.>>Be very careful about applying the 1722 "fix". I did that,>and destroyed my XP installation. Apparently it deleted the>Trusted Store for the OS as well, and undoubtedly something>else as the OS was then unbootable. At any rate, I had to>return to last known good config to get the OS back up. That>was a close call.>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianAs long as you haven't changed your H/W you shouldn't have to worry about activation. I've had to reinstall 5 times since I got FSX each time with the dreaded 1722 error. Each time after running MS fix, I reactivated, with no further issues! You probably still have your second activation available, it should only have to be used if you change H/W, at least theoretically! It has worked so far for me!! I agree with the sentiment here though, it still a pain in the butt!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d