indeed, much better using actual scenery, better fps to

e.g. 15,000 feet over EGLL

sKVrVRe.png

Think I can even see one of my houses in that shot

lol what is that, looks nothing like west london 😄

london.jpg

18 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

lol what is that, looks nothing like west london 😄

Wow, as if MSFS is lower resolution than level 16, that's disgraceful. 

m9DZLkL.png

No wonder people think MSFS is getting good fps when its running its scenery resolution at 1/4 or 1/8th that of a typical XPlane setup 😯

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, Hamilton_ said:

Hi Mike,

Please, how did you revert back to Beta 4? I have to do that too.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a copy of the last stable beta (4) I keep in my nas drive as a backup just in case. Good thing, b5 is unflyable via the network. 

• Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

17 hours ago, UKflyer said:

Just an observation that at the moment the graphics engine is unable to cope with a complex plane (Zibo) with some fairly simple scenery objects. Don't shoot people down because they have an opinion.

It's not early alpha but beta version 5. Alpha version testing is performed by developers not it's customers.

I'm not shooting you down. You're doing a great job all by yourself.

X-Plane 12 is in Early Access. Zibo is a complex addon. You're not a Zibo OR an X-Plane developer, so maybe it's best to keep emotionally laden opinions like "fairly simple scenery objects" & "broke sim" to a minimum lest you appear as an agitator; you'll get more mileage at problem resolution that way (for legitimate problems).

As I mentioned before, use X-Plane 11. 55 stable or fly MSFS 2020 if you prefer. Public use of X-Plane 12 is still very early days and while I understand the frustrations, we all need to be patient and tolerant moving forward. Laminar Research have always delivered in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

Lol no it isn't.

Seems like you have an agenda.

Yes, I do indeed have an agenda; My agenda is that I'm advocating patience & tolerance & NOT using emotive language & NOT shooting XP12 down while it's in Early ACCESS. (I admit my mistake with terminology saying early alpha). It's still early days for XP 12 and way too early to pass judgment with the finality I'm seeing here.

It's totally ok to post stats about issues we're experiencing vis-a-vis, system specs vs. performance. It's even OK to speculate about what may be causing these issues as long as its framed as a speculation and done with respect toward the developer's efforts in producing the sim. It's definitely NOT cool to pass judgement & present it as an irrefutable truism and then ridicule the sim on this specific forum to boot. It smacks too much of sim wars when people do this.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, UKflyer said:

other games no problem, XP12 well let's not go there 😄

Your modus operandi is showing quite blatantly 😐

FYI, you're on my ignore list & advise you do same if my responses annoy you. In my view instead of providing constructive dialog, you denigrate & are inflammatory toward this sim.

Edited by pryoski
To explain

Comparison screenshots are okay providing they have a genuine purpose and are not posted to create conflict.

I’ll allow the one posted a few posts up but any more without good reason will be hidden and disciplinary action taken.

@UKflyer, do you own X-Plane?

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, yes i have both x-plane and msfs, i agree it's important to show a balanced view in these discussions 🙂 It appears some people on these forums are very focussed, even biased, on just one or the either

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

Hi Ray, yes i have both x-plane and msfs, i agree it's important to show a balanced view in these discussions 🙂

Looking at your comment…

”lol what is that, looks nothing like west london 😄

I wouldn’t take that as a positive comment. It looks to me like one designed to annoy which is why your post was reported. If you’re going to post any more comparison shots keep your comments objective such as buildings missing in one sim but present in the other.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 hours ago, mSparks said:

is maybe, as it says TWICE in the release notes

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/

NOT the current point of the early access program?

that

turned out to be typical BS?

like this one Ray? Don't appreciate my observations to be described as 'typical BS' as one would put it

quite happy to have a normal conversation on the forums until people turn defensive and nasty when somebody presents an alternative view

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

like this one Ray? Don't appreciate my observations to be described as 'typical BS' as one would put it

quite happy to have a normal conversation on the forums until people turn defensive and nasty when somebody presents an alternative view

We rely on users reporting posts they feel break forum rules. That one was not reported. Colourful language doesn’t necessarily result in a warning.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

We rely on users reporting posts they feel break forum rules. That one was not reported. Colourful language doesn’t necessarily result in a warning.

ok thank you that's noted for the future