Sign in to follow this  
Guest triangle

Anyone have problems not being able to read the DVD?

I just got FSX delux, and my DVD drive will not read it... I put it on the laptop and it saw it. the computer will not see either of the DVDs.has anyone had a similar problem? The only I can think of is reburn them on the laptop to another DVD... or download a torrent and use a no-cd crack but just use my serial number.

Guest triangle

You might want to check the firmware on your drive in device manager and update it if a new firmware version is available. This will often fix problems like that.Andrew

can't find anything new :(if you wanna have a try, this is the model number of the driverTS-552B the driver version I have is 5.1.2535.0 :(I tried burning it, but at about 99% it freezes up, maybe some kind of copy protection

Guest triangle

This looks like the latest firmware (not driver) release - it's not even on the Samsung site.http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/fil...formation/7475/Obviously, you apply this at your own risk .. firmware upgrades can go wrong(though I have never had such a thing happen and I gather such stuff ups are pretty rare). Worse thing is you brick your drive. I upgrade my DVD and motherboard firmware all the time and never had a problem.Andrew

Guest triangle

Or you can download and use their LiveUpdate facility which will probably be better as it will check your firmware version etc and set up the right installs:http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Andrew

cool! that workedyou saved me alot of headachesi owe ya!now lets see if my rig can run this thing

Guest triangle

Excellent news :-) Enjoy.Andrew