Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

Little XPconnect and scenery exclusions in XP 12

There's something weird going on, at least on Linux - see this thread (it's in German, but the Little Navmap dev knows German 😉). For non Germans: Little XPconnect prevents exclusions to work correctly - we don't know yet whether it's the same on Windows and Mac.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

2 hours ago, uwespeed said:

For non Germans: Little XPconnect prevents exclusions to work correctly

Sorry, but there is no proof for this yet. One person removes the plugin and accidentally it is working. It's very unlikely the fault of this plugin. Xpconnect does neither use any GPU resources as speculated in the thread nor does it read or block scenery files.

It's also built in a way to avoid conflicts with shared libraries for Windows and Linux (not needed on macOS).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alex

48 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Sorry, but there is no proof for this yet. One person removes the plugin and accidentally it is working. It's very unlikely the fault of this plugin. Xpconnect does neither use any GPU resources as speculated in the thread nor does it read or block scenery files.

It's also built in a way to avoid conflicts with shared libraries for Windows and Linux (not needed on macOS).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alex

That's why I wrote "something weird ..." as for the time being it doesn't sound logic. However, it isn't only one person, but at least two 😉 (using Linux Mint) - Windows doesn't seem to be affected. However, there is more (possible?) evidence meanwhile in the said thread. I will also do further tests.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Weird it is. 🙃 A totally harmless plugin reading only datarefs like Xpconnect should not cause graphical issues.

Also Xpconnect did not change significantly over years and the sim is a new beta.😉

PM answered.

Alex

13 hours ago, albar965 said:

A totally harmless plugin reading only datarefs like Xpconnect should not cause graphical issues.

Absolut correct.

My Vanilla-XP12B5 is running on a dedicated Mint 21.0-Machine. As uwespeed described, there are reproducible graphical effects, only depending on whether the plugin is located in .../Resources/plugins, or not. Can you confirm that? Also, it seems, that only Linux-Machines are affected (Win10 definitly not, Mac not been tested yet). I also installed (only for looking what happens in this Plugin-Area) altenate and togehter FlyWithLua, but this Plugin is running well at all. Nevertheless, this strange behavior may be caused by a bug in XP12 Linux-Version. But in this early XP12-Days, it doesn´t make any sense for me, filing a Bug-Report on this Issue to LR without knowing, that it is definitely due to XP12.

Little Navmap is most important for me, absolute great, thank you very much!

Edited by hmkaiser

2 hours ago, hmkaiser said:

Can you confirm that?

Nope. Developing on Linux here. Never seen anything like this.
Did you try the other LNM (included Xpconnect) builds (https://app.box.com/s/8c9x2f91enpkn41cmc4b5tkzlil9ouhy/folder/172106726633)?

Maybe Library conflicts. Not all can be added statically into the build. Some basic system libraries are always referenced. Even Qt pulls in some graphical libraries but Xpconnect does not use any graphics.

Can you send me the scenery files which are needed to reproduce the error?

Alex

49 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Did you try the other LNM (included Xpconnect) builds (https://app.box.com/s/8c9x2f91enpkn41cmc4b5tkzlil9ouhy/folder/172106726633)?

No, i will make a try later. Little NavMap is running on a second Mint-PC, while XPconnect collects all necessary data from my XP12-Rig. In this Config, LMN 2.8 Beta itself is running very well, without any Problems.

50 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Can you send me the scenery files which are needed to reproduce the error?

Just done.

Greetings Michael

2 minutes ago, hmkaiser said:

Just made a check: I'm running the same version 2.8.0 beta (Ubuntu 22.04). lin.xpl modified at Sept. 8th.

What about the 18.04?

3 hours ago, hmkaiser said:

Just done.

Thanks a lot. Got it. Will take a while. Too many issues so far.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

What about the 18.04?

Okay, so far: Plugin Little Xpconnect für Ubuntu 18.04 works well, without "ignoring" exclusion, nor dimming external lights on my XP12-C172. Also LNM 18.04 itself is working without any problems on my Network-Workstation, but Little Navconnect 18.04 does not work. Actual i've no idea, whats going wrong, all needed libs are installed. Little Navconnect  20.04 recognizes running XP12, as well as its counterpart LNM,but obviously didn't connect completly, no active XP12-Aircraft appears on LNM.

Edited by hmkaiser

2 hours ago, hmkaiser said:

Okay, so far: Plugin Little Xpconnect für Ubuntu 18.04 works well, without "ignoring" exclusion, nor dimming external lights on my XP12-C172. Also LNM 18.04 itself is working without any problems on my Network-Workstation, but Little Navconnect 18.04 does not work. Actual i've no idea, whats going wrong, all needed libs are installed. Little Navconnect  20.04 recognizes running XP12, as well as its counterpart LNM,but obviously didn't connect completly, no active XP12-Aircraft appears on LNM.

Good. At least a workaround.👍
I'll compare the used libraries.

You can use Xpconnect from 18.04 with all LNM builds. They don't have to match. No problem using LNM from the 22.04 build with the Xpconnect from the 18.04 build.

Same applies to Navconnect. No problem connecting to the Windows Navconnect with Linux Navmap or vice versa.

Alex

49 minutes ago, albar965 said:

You can use Xpconnect from 18.04 with all LNM builds. They don't have to match. No problem using LNM from the 22.04 build with the Xpconnect from the 18.04 build.

... but doesn't make any sense in my case, because LNM is not connected to XP12, therefore not working as a moving map in this configuration.Ok, i'm on Mint 21, based on Ubuntu 22.04.

Just to let you know - I will be on vacation soon, thus away from my sim PC for 2 - 3 weeks.

53 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Just to let you know - I will be on vacation soon, thus away from my sim PC for 2 - 3 weeks.

Ok. Have a nice one. 🙂

Take your time. I've got a whole pile of problems to solve so far.

Alex