Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Problem with resizing images from FSLTL for FPS saving

7 hours ago, toby23 said:

While the textures have all resized, you have not given instructions on how to add mipmaps.

It's not missing instructions, it's a bug.

My tool will automatically create mipmaps based on a handful of criteria related to the input image and output generation size.  It gets very challenging with the crazy variety of input images for FS textures.  Different sizes, formats, channels, compression....Ugh.  There's a few compression formats that are troublesome and are creating issues with mipmaps (and one other, harder bug to fix).

I'll get to resolving them when I can.

16 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Is there a way to download the complete optimized file without going through the manipulations via the software? Example flightsim.to ? I'm not very comfortable with these things

Unfortunately not.  It would require permission from every texture painter/modeler whose work is included in the various AI packages.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MammyJammy said:

I'll get to resolving them when I can.

Meanwhile anyone wanting to, can use Ordenador, as before, to add the missing mipmaps. 🙂

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Meanwhile anyone wanting to, can use Ordenador, as before, to add the missing mipmaps. 🙂

Thank you 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, toby23 said:

BTW, AIG aircrafts textures don't have mipmaps, strange.

Sergio Naiberg

Not working, installed texture optimizer twice now and both times when I click on the exe a small window opens but immediately closes. Not sure why but hope there is a fix for this. Windows 10 with latest update.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Not working, installed texture optimizer twice now and both times when I click on the exe a small window opens but immediately closes.

Sorry, but have you read the user guide? An important bit of information in the user guide: "Usage of the Texture Optimizer is via the command line."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

Sorry, but have you read the user guide? An important bit of information in the user guide: "Usage of the Texture Optimizer is via the command line."

Interesting, so instead of after selecting the optimizer in the cmd line I try to open it with the texture optimizer exe but instead open it with a cmd ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 10/7/2022 at 3:28 AM, RJC68 said:

If you don't feel comfortable with option 1 then you can use option 2. I found it was the 32bit dll that was required

I don't recommend method 1 at all.  You should only be downloading the official ms vcredist_x64.exe installer.

That ms installer gets updates, so get a fresh one from ms.  After installing in widows settings apps & features you should see it as Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022  (this is a fairly recent change -- I think along with Visual Studio 2022 which is the latest ms compiler for C projects).

scott s.

20 minutes ago, scott967 said:

I don't recommend method 1 at all.  You should only be downloading the official ms vcredist_x64.exe installer.

That ms installer gets updates, so get a fresh one from ms.  After installing in widows settings apps & features you should see it as Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022  (this is a fairly recent change -- I think along with Visual Studio 2022 which is the latest ms compiler for C projects).

scott s.

Which is why I said if you are not comfortable with option 1 use option 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

So I am doing these one at a time using paint.net for resize - when saving there is a box to check called "generate mipmaps" should I check it ?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

With paint.net I had changed all textures to 1024. I activated generate mipmaps.
Unfortunately after the change I had some black textures.
My setting was BC7 (sRGB, DX 11+) generate mipmaps on.

PC - i7 4770k  @ 4,2 GHz with 16 GB RAM and Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme

With the Texture Optimizer I always get the message Wrong spelling or path not found. I come in the command window
to D:\TextureOptimizer>
If I then enter the path I get the error message.
Is it possible for someone to take a screenshot of the command window before editing is started.

29 minutes ago, derex17 said:

With the Texture Optimizer I always get the message Wrong spelling or path not found. I come in the command window
to D:\TextureOptimizer>
If I then enter the path I get the error message.
Is it possible for someone to take a screenshot of the command window before editing is started.

1. Open a Command Window, press Windows key and type cmd and press enter

2. type CD and then drag the textureoptimizer folder onto the cmd window and press enter

3. This should Change Directory to your textureoptimizer folder, so that you can run the command

YMMV

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

@toby23

As you can see in the picture, I get an error message after pressing the enter key.
Incorrect spelling or path not found.
Can you help me with this problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbZ7YtBKpjyVgF3VwK22Sl9Ujk8nuWXV/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCz14Ebh_9Zak9tw0kV6AYOCKHIpJ14H/view?usp=sharing