Sign in to follow this  
Jeff D

At a loss concerning the FBW A320(Dev)

5 minutes ago, sanh said:

Cockpit refresh rate I have at medium. Its still smooth but saves a lot of fps.

mine is too.

I just bought the PMDG 737 and that is easier on the frames but the quality doesn't match the FBW A320.

• Like 2

Hi, we are aware that this is an issue, and optimisations are always being worked on, but as the aircraft is still in alpha they do take the backstage sometimes. However we are getting close to being done with the ND rewrite and this should help the situation a bit.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

25 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date, sounds great!

Greets,

Markus

Me too, hope you FBW guys get that stutterthings sorted out 👍

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, holland786 said:

Hi, we are aware that this is an issue, and optimisations are always being worked on, but as the aircraft is still in alpha they do take the backstage sometimes. However we are getting close to being done with the ND rewrite and this should help the situation a bit.

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm no software expert by any means. Could you explain in laymens terms what is an ND rewrite and how it pertains to stutter as I'm experiencing. I love the aircraft and this stutter certainly doesn't stop me from flying.

4 minutes ago, Jeff D said:

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm no software expert by any means. Could you explain in laymens terms what is an ND rewrite and how it pertains to stutter as I'm experiencing. I love the aircraft and this stutter certainly doesn't stop me from flying.

The ND is the Navigation Display of the A320. A software rewrite is done when code that needs a large restructuring for feature/performance reasons is completely redone from the ground up.

So what is happening, is that I'm redoing the navigation display code to use a more efficient way of rendering it, which is one of the things that will improve stuttering. It might not fix your specific issue entirely (it might for others, and it might for you, what I'm saying is that many things can cause it so no promises made), but it will certainly alleviate things. And over time, as more things are redone in more efficient way by the team, those issues should disappear - especially as the plane approaches a v1 release.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 8

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

3 hours ago, holland786 said:

The ND is the Navigation Display of the A320. A software rewrite is done when code that needs a large restructuring for feature/performance reasons is completely redone from the ground up.

So what is happening, is that I'm redoing the navigation display code to use a more efficient way of rendering it, which is one of the things that will improve stuttering. It might not fix your specific issue entirely (it might for others, and it might for you, what I'm saying is that many things can cause it so no promises made), but it will certainly alleviate things. And over time, as more things are redone in more efficient way by the team, those issues should disappear - especially as the plane approaches a v1 release.

Good deal. Thanks again for the information. Looking forward to the updates.

I'm flying with a version that I have saved, released on April 14th, FBW A32NX experimental version (5fd8a6a4).
In this version of course it doesn't have the current features, but it doesn't have those stutters, the flight is totally fluid.

The latest experimental builds have been awesomely good no stutters here on my GTX 1070. Great work by the FBW team!

• Upvote 1

my problem with the FBW since SU10 is that my thrustmaster TCA Flight stick disengages the AP when switching view with the flight stick.

No problems withy default aircraft and controller settings unchanged prior to SU10

Edited by raknal
duplicate

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

On 10/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, MäxliBäxli said:

Yes you can 🙂 Put the FBW direct to start from a runway and the plane is ready to fly fully configurated,

Greets,

Markus

Thanks Markus.  Glad to hear that.

Roy

Is there a chance upgrading form a rtx2060 to an rtx3060, that the stutter might get fixed. Finding some good deals on that card, but not that savy on what an upgrade to the graphics card can do for me as it pertains to this stutter.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:16 PM, raknal said:

my problem with the FBW since SU10 is that my thrustmaster TCA Flight stick disengages the AP when switching view with the flight stick.

No problems withy default aircraft and controller settings unchanged prior to SU10

Yeah...I had that problem.  I had to map my external views to the buttons.