Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: IniBuilds Los Angeles

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Did something happen after SU10 with underground road traffic suddenly becoming visible? I can't remember if I saw this before SU10. 

I believe so. I’ve seen cars in the tunnel between EKCH and Sweden when I was on short final 22L at EKCH. Didn’t happen before SU10.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

12 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

I believe so. I’ve seen cars in the tunnel between EKCH and Sweden when I was on short final 22L at EKCH. Didn’t happen before SU10.

Maybe there's a thread on the official forums where we can vote on this. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

54 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You can believe what you want, but if one has some knowledge about how things work it's obvious it has some impact on performance (depending on each person's system) because the CPU and GPU have more work to do. Of course it doesn't have the same impact on an i9 12900kf with a 3090 that it has on an i74790k with a 2060.

It's entirely possible to model interior without any impact on performance. The interior at FSDT's KORD for example only activates based on proximity to the user and only the immediate terminal surroundings are triggered. Therefore it has no impact on performance when you're away from the gate and the little that is depicted when at the gate is negligible when it comes to performance. MSFS generally allows to model a lot more with little to no performance penalty. This has also been confirmed by multiple devs, not only Pyreguee.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

This version KLAX performance is terrible for now

You bought it and having performance issues?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Same here...

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

This is definitely a new thing that came with SU10.  Even in the Asobo LAX, there were suddenly cars crossing 25L & 25R at LAX where there werent any before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

It's entirely possible to model interior without any impact on performance. The interior at FSDT's KORD for example only activates based on proximity to the user and only the immediate terminal surroundings are triggered. Therefore it has no impact on performance when you're away from the gate and the little that is depicted when at the gate is negligible when it comes to performance. MSFS generally allows to model a lot more with little to no performance penalty. This has also been confirmed by multiple devs, not only Pyreguee.

Well i think that's partially true. I think you can make an airport with interior better and worse. But take the same airport from same developer, one with interior and one without and i am 99% sure the one without will have better performance. 

Its a logical thing, you cant add things (be it textures or line of codes) and expect to have no impact.

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Well i think that's partially true. I think you can make an airport with interior better and worse. But take the same airport from same developer, one with interior and one without and i am 99% sure the one without will have better performance. 

Its a logical thing, you cant add things (be it textures or line of codes) and expect to have no impact.

FPS impact is only in the main LOD radius, as the game won't render it to the same complexity from afar. So the only impact would be as your taxing real close, or maybe some VRAM and memory caching (as long as it's LOD'd correctly), so it's not usually interiors as the performance cause. The main performance issues happen outside due to all the complex rendering. That said, a performance issue can crop up anywhere, and the larger an area is, the more likely there is a mistake somewhere. The main performance issues are circular objects with lots of Polygons that only have 1 LOD, so interiors with lots of circular shapes are a bit worse, though as long as they have multiple LOD's, not a big deal really.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I was really in shock when I saw  choppiness and stutters while taxing and and panning around the airport.   Never ever since I bought FS 2020 about a year and a half ago did I experience so many stutters while taxing getting my parking space at KLAX

My first flight was from Montery Ca KMRY into KLAX using DX!12, my second flight was from San Diego to KLAZ using DX 11, all my other settings in the sim were exactly the same no other changes, and by the way these are the same settings that I use in my following airports, KORD, KFLL KIAD KDCA KLAS KSAN KPDX CYYZ KBOS CYVR all the fs dreamteam flightbeam flytampa and Latin VFR and never had such awful perofrmance/

I learned by lesson, don't buy on the first day, really stinks,  hopefully they will have some updates in the near future I have a decent computer and video card, so what is the problem with this airport?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Oh no.  This has worried about the A310.  I hope they know what they are doing!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Yep I own

Asobo KLAX,

Feelthere KLAX 

Inibuilds KLAX.

Asobo still performs the best meanwhile Inibuilds performs the worst but looks better than the other two.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Maybe there's a thread on the official forums where we can vote on this. 

Did you find one? 

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I don't have a very strong opinion on this, just pointed to what Pyreegue has mentioned. Of course it will affect performance, but apparently not that much. Not having any inside info on this I'm leaning towards trusting what Pyreegue has to say on this matter.

If you consider what goes into a single frame of rendering in the engine, the number of poly's of any airport interior is a pretty small fraction of the total amount in the frame when you consider the surrounding terrain, AI (and/or static aircraft), autogen, PG, trees, clouds.  Pyreegue, as an actual developer, probably has more hard numbers on it, but I do seriously doubt the inclusion of terminal interiors has much of an impact on performance - maybe 1 or 2 fps if anything.

The truth is that there is a wide range of hardware being used by the community.  Top end rigs can be very expensive.  The range of capability suggests the need for a reduction options where practical, e.g. options to remove static aircraft, perhaps options to disable interiors (if that does indeed make a noticable difference).  At the same time, I think its wrong to target the lowest common denominator and only produce scenery that runs well enough on low-end rigs.  For those with 12900kfs and 3090ti's they should be able to enjoy the additional detail their rigs are capable of producing. 

Best practice IMO is to produce for the future and provide sliders to accommodate the present.

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As we are dealing with a flight sim traditional already performance taxed problematic area such as KLAX.

Folks need to be a little more realistic of what to expect from certain addon sceneries in certain areas.

If your individual system already struggles with the default KLAX area and running ultra clouds, what makes you think a higher 3d object count, higher building and tarmac texture resolution addon airport is going to do?

The KLAX area is already congested with all sorts of surrounding photogrammetry being loaded and air traffic ai.

Adding other performance hungry factors to the scenario such as VR, FSLTL, PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 and high-ultra clouds to the mix isn't going to produce a miracle.

KMIA,KLAX, Toronto and Paris areas have always been very performance demanding areas since FSX.

Not sure why folks who are trying to throw VR, FSLTL,PDMG 737,Fenix A320 etc etc at a full photogrammetry, high traffic and close to other airport proximity area like KLAX in MSFS are so hung up on pointing at "terminal interior modeling" as the main factor of their performance degradation culprit.😂🤣

I'm honestly happy and grateful just being able to run the Asobo KLAX with all of thee above mentioned at a decent smooth framerate, the area overall is just super demanding on the frames.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Not sure why folks who are trying to throw VR, FSLTL,PDMG 737,Fenix A320 etc etc at a full photogrammetry, high traffic and close to other airport proximity area like KLAX in MSFS are so hung up on pointing at "terminal interior modeling" as the main factor of their performance degradation factor.😂🤣

Exactly.